: im new here  ( 998 )

diggerybod

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
  • : 1
im new here
« : August 11, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »
ime Steve Suudlow, was introduced this site by spuds, aka, Mick Ford, its rather impressive and it will probably take me a while to navigate round it, anyway, hello to everyone  chrs:-)

spuds

• Full Plot Cultivator
  • : 494
Re: im new here
« #1 : August 11, 2016, 03:45:33 PM »
well come aboard diggerybod
found your way in ok  clap:-)
waiting for you to show the world the photo's taken at night on the plot  ThU32:-)

spuds
Spuds (mick Ford)
is that the kettle I hear boiling
Newton Abbot Sunny Devon ( most times!)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • : 7528
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« #2 : August 11, 2016, 07:43:45 PM »
I know I sent you a welcome PM - but here's doing it officially!

WELCOME diggerybod!

Great to have you in the 'Shed' now go and tell all your gardening friends where it is!!! chrs:-)

Just seen the wildlife photos you posted in the gallery - brilliant. I'll open up a personal gallery for you as soon as I have a minute. Cuppa first - I've only just landed home after my favourite chores of the week BLOODY shopping with HI & visiting my mother at the nursing home - I'm not sure which is the worst. One way or another I've got to have a cuppa before I start anything.
« : August 11, 2016, 07:53:33 PM Big Gee »

scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • : 3826
« #3 : August 11, 2016, 09:31:09 PM »
Hi Diggerybod and welcome to the forum have a good read and then lets us know about what you grow . Off to see the photos you have added to the gallery now ..

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
  • : 1861
« #4 : August 12, 2016, 09:26:23 PM »
Hi diggerybod welcome to the shed look forward to your future post's off to look at your pics now.  ThU32:-)

Poppa Tommo

• : 2030
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« #5 : August 29, 2016, 09:22:06 AM »
Don't know how I missed this one, but better late than never.

A big welcome from a compatriot fron 'Zunny Deb'n'

Sounds like you know Spuds already. I'm only over in Crediton and have been to Spuds allotment  two or three times. Likewise he has made the pilgrimage to our little Smallholding, as has Big Gee himself. Tea and biscuits (home brewed cider if you are feeling brave enough) always available.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« #6 : August 29, 2016, 08:12:39 PM »
Don't know how I missed this one, but better late than never.

That, Elmer, is because you're out all hours hunting rabbits with your pop-gun . . . .  ROL :-))

Poppa Tommo

« #7 : August 30, 2016, 11:34:08 PM »
Put a real beauty in the freezer after Ruth had converted it into a delicious rabbit casserole. Actually this wasn't hunted by me and my trusty 'popgun' but one of Ruth's customer's dogs, a lightening fast lurcher. No teeth puncture marks, a straight kill so it was paunched, undressed and popped straight into the slow cooker.

spuds

• Full Plot Cultivator
  • : 494
« #8 : August 31, 2016, 03:39:48 PM »
rabbit yum yum  :-Yes
Spuds (mick Ford)
is that the kettle I hear boiling
Newton Abbot Sunny Devon ( most times!)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« #9 : August 31, 2016, 10:02:30 PM »
Put a real beauty in the freezer after Ruth had converted it into a delicious rabbit casserole. Actually this wasn't hunted by me and my trusty 'popgun' but one of Ruth's customer's dogs, a lightening fast lurcher. No teeth puncture marks, a straight kill so it was paunched, undressed and popped straight into the slow cooker.

Did you bleed it? If not, another little tip is to gut, skin and cut it up and then soak the cuts in brine over night to get the 'game' taste of blood out of the flesh - tastes much nicer that way - the same as I did with the pigeon you shot when I was down there. There won't be much game left in Crediton the way you're going Tommo!  :-)snigger

Poppa Tommo

« #10 : August 31, 2016, 10:36:08 PM »
That's the whole idea, Gee, little bleeders are having midnight raves in my allotment

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« #11 : September 01, 2016, 05:56:21 PM »
Lurchers and ferrets are the key - frighten 'em to death so that they move elsewhere. Because you'll never keep up with their breeding programme with one air rifle.

Poppa Tommo

« #12 : September 01, 2016, 10:23:45 PM »
What I really need is a Druidic old Welsh guy from Aberaeron to come a weave some magic ove the little blighters!

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« #13 : September 02, 2016, 12:16:44 PM »
What I really need is a Druidic old Welsh guy from Aberaeron to come a weave some magic ove the little blighters!

I'm working on it as you write! The horned stick is out and the white robe - just waiting for a full moon.

If you notice a group of frogs hopping around your allotment one of these mornings - you'll know the force has been evoked and the transformation spell has worked!  CW ;-)

Poppa Tommo

« #14 : September 03, 2016, 08:39:13 AM »

I'm working on it as you write! The horned stick is out and the white robe - just waiting for a full moon.

If you notice a group of frogs hopping around your allotment one of these mornings - you'll know the force has been evoked and the transformation spell has worked!  CW ;-)

I don't know what to think now that you've brought the French into the equation!!

lol(1)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« #15 : September 03, 2016, 11:39:57 PM »
Oh right  Blush:-(

I'll have to change things around a bit - I'll make it toads instead of frogs - but that's a tad harder!  :-)snigger

I'll get the spell book out again . . . . I can remember the frog one from memory . . . now let me see . . . . toads . . . .