Author Topic: A nice review from a satisfied grower.  (Read 307 times)

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
A nice review from a satisfied grower.
« on: November 10, 2015, 11:31:25 AM »
I got an e-mail from Raul Couselo recently - he grew some of my Aeron Purple Star beans for the first time this year.
His comments I thought merited a mention here, and in reply I told him I would post it in the 'Shed'. Here it is:

On 08/11/2015 03:15 PM, Raul wrote:
> Hi Gwilym and other members. I just want to say I am very
> pleased with the purple runner beans I harvested. I wrote
> a comment in the feedback thread. I planted them late so I
> had to wait quite long before they got purple. They have more complexity than normal runners, flavour and texture wise. They can be eaten when still green, very sweet; when
> purple, more ' mature' flavour; or when having this tabby pattern that make they look like a prehistoric vegetable. I will
> be careful to start the seeds earlier than this year.
> They grew a bit more than two metres, less than other runners, and the pods were mostly in the first half of the stalk. They keep fleshy for long time. I like the robust size
> and appearance of some of the pods also.
> Talking now about tomatoes, I have to say this year the ones
> growing outdoors were watery in taste and got blight at the end of the season. The ones in the greenhouse were much more tasty and didn't get any blight. Next year, if the new greenhouse is in place, I will be growing tomato 'golden sunrise' in the greenhouse, they performed not bad outdoors
> so I presume they could be tastier and more productive indoors, doing hand pollination.
> So, thank you very much for your enormous generosity sharing this wonderful beans and your experience and
> knowledge.
>
> Raul Couselo

Subject:    Re: Beans
Date:    Sun, 8 Nov 2015 15:54:33 +0000
Organization:    Gardeners Chat-Shed Forum
To:    Raul <xxxxxxxx@gmail.com>

Thank you Raul!

It makes my heart glad to hear reports like that

I'll post your message in the Gardeners Chat-Shed. But why don't you join? You can then post your comments directly on there. Just click on the second link in the signature graphic below. I really look forward to seeing you there!

All the best my friend -

G.
>