Author Topic: The WEATHER where you are TODAY  (Read 22157 times)

Offline lottieguy

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
Re: The WEATHER where you are TODAY
« Reply #2080 on: June 02, 2018, 11:15:14 AM »
Hi, Well they have been telling us we are getting thunder and rain etc but so far nothing, I see some area's suffering flash floods and torrential downpours. I was out with the watering can last evening, oh wrong thread sorry, I am going to a Bar B Que this afternoon so it's bound to rain then, sods law ain't it.

Offline aftermidnight

• Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #2081 on: June 02, 2018, 04:20:46 PM »
A little on the cool side here, it keeps teasing us with a drop or two of rain. I wish the sky would open up and let go, it's been awhile and we could do with a good days worth of rain. Glad to see the shed is up and running again  ThU32:-).

Annette

Offline lottieguy

« Reply #2082 on: June 14, 2018, 09:13:10 AM »
Hi Ya, Well things are a bit drastic here, I know we are in the driest part of the UK but nothing so far all month. The grass is brown and we are watering like mad. There have been downpours and flooding with thunder and lightening in different areas and we have had nothing it has all passed us by. They said we will get a bit of rain from Storm Henry this morning but looking out of the window the sun is shining and it's very warm.  I suppose we will suffer before long, Happy gardening

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2083 on: June 14, 2018, 10:39:01 PM »
Same here lottieguy everything is dry as a witches titty ..  It,s so dry i have even beaten the weeds this year .. Looked like it was going to rain here early this morning dark and windy but the sun broke through the cloud and it turned out to be yet another warm dry day  so had no choice but to water so out came the pump can fill a 45 gallon barrel in about 2 minutes so the plot got a good soaking think i could here the plants give a sigh of relief when they see the water coming .. Heres a picture of the pump 2 inch bore powered by a 3hp briggs and stratton engine so plot soaked and all barrels filled ..
ThU:-)LOOK CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DRAWINGS  ThU:-)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lottieguy

« Reply #2084 on: June 16, 2018, 09:13:59 AM »
Hi Ya, That is some pump. I tend to be a little more quieter and use a caravan water pump that is run off a car battery that is charged by a solar panel. I only pump a short distance from one butt to another then the butts further up the plot are linked by gravity in the form of  syphons. Whoops this is the weather, it's quite full this thread perhaps we could run a new one from now. Any way the sun is shining here and the temprature is rising. I am in he greenhouse potting up tommies into the border and it's getting quite warm. I will kick a new thread off later under tooling and show my pump and water set up. Cheers

Offline aftermidnight

• Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #2085 on: June 16, 2018, 03:20:11 PM »
Still the same ol' same ol' here. mostly dull days and haven't had a good rain just a bit of spotting.
We have watering restrictions May through September, watering every second day for a couple of hours in the morning, a couple of hours in the evening. I have several large water barrels placed around the yard, a couple I have to fill with the hose the others are under downspouts collecting water from roofs, one is a double job, when it fills it starts flowing into the one beside it,
We are thinking about a pump to transfer rain water from one barrel to the next so looking forward to seeing your water setup lottieguy.

Annette

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2086 on: June 17, 2018, 10:24:54 PM »
Watching  the weather on countryfile it looks like there is no rain for us looks like the temperture is going to increase ..
ThU:-)LOOK CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DRAWINGS  ThU:-)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login