• WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY IN YOUR GARDEN / ALLOTMENT 5 3
Currently:  

Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY IN YOUR GARDEN / ALLOTMENT  (Read 24887 times)

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
Re: WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY IN YOUR GARDEN / ALLOTMENT
« Reply #2240 on: August 04, 2018, 10:19:30 PM »
I have a really small garden in this year due to my health issues but I have a couple of tomatoes in the greenhouse just about ready to pick and the Piekny Jas runners are flowering and starting to produce beans, these will be kept for seed. The other pole beans aren't even flowering yet. Only have one cucumber vine doing anything the others are just sitting there, I think I had some bad seed. The raspberries and strawberries outdid themselves, we got all we wanted then invited our neighbor to come over and pick what she wanted.

Annette
Hi Annette sorry you not been so good hope you soon get better. I am in the same boat as you a smaller place to grow stuff now I not got the plot, shame some of your things failed.

Online scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2241 on: August 16, 2018, 12:10:44 PM »
Well it,s Thursday so normally head off to the plot to do some jobs but the weather is unsettled today grey clouds and rain showers so plot cancelled today ...

Offline fergie Phil

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« Reply #2242 on: August 17, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »
 Bad year all round planted 4 rows of peas and had enough for one meal. Runner beans are ok after a slow start.
Winter greens are going well , had to puddle them in the  ground being so hard and cracked  Well have to see what next week
brings.

Online scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2243 on: August 17, 2018, 09:33:44 PM »
Bad year all round planted 4 rows of peas and had enough for one meal. Runner beans are ok after a slow start.
Winter greens are going well , had to puddle them in the  ground being so hard and cracked  Well have to see what next week
brings.

Dont think your the only grower to have a poorer than normal season been a dry year for most we had things that were hard to get germinated and some that were late getting away .. Don't know about what next week will bring I'm just hoping next year will be better..