Author Topic: packing it in  (Read 296 times)

Offline spuds

• Full Plot Cultivator
packing it in
« on: August 18, 2018, 07:09:20 AM »
i have been thinking about this for the last two years have now made my mind up

i am giving up my plots and all veg growing  spf:-( at the end of this year

these last two years i have not given much time to the plots i have so its time to move on  usf:-(
will continue with my flower gardens at home
so its thanks for the company and info  from this site , i will not be posting anything more  cry:-(
good bye  friends
spuds (mick ford)
Spuds (mick Ford)
is that the kettle I hear boiling
Newton Abbot Sunny Devon ( most times!)

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
Re: packing it in
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 10:58:44 PM »
i have been thinking about this for the last two years have now made my mind up

i am giving up my plots and all veg growing  spf:-( at the end of this year

these last two years i have not given much time to the plots i have so its time to move on  usf:-(
will continue with my flower gardens at home
so its thanks for the company and info  from this site , i will not be posting anything more  cry:-(
good bye  friends
spuds (mick ford)

spf:-(   Sad to hear that your leaving us Mick think there may be a few growers leaving our site at the end of the year a few have not shown very much interest this year .. Wish you all the best and  enjoy your gardening ...  Just you and me left now lottieguy   lol(1)   

Offline aftermidnight

• Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 11:57:47 PM »
 usf:-(  Haven't been on myself much due to my health problems but have to say you'll be surely missed. Enjoy your flowers and take care.

Annette

Offline Gwiz

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 08:08:35 AM »
Always a shame to see some one give up growing veg, I had to do it myself a few years ago.
There is no need to walk away from the forum though, I'm sure you are liked for who you are rather than what you no longer do.......

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 11:12:15 PM »
Always a shame to see some one give up growing veg, I had to do it myself a few years ago.
There is no need to walk away from the forum though, I'm sure you are liked for who you are rather than what you no longer do.......

Think a lot of our members have walked away recently looking at the members list a lot have had no activity on here for a while..      Think I may be joining them soon as it seems a waste of time posting anything on here as nobody seems to reply or post anything themselves and so theres nothing to read either so it may be goodnight and goodbye from me very soon ..

Offline Jasonofaskwiff

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 04:24:26 PM »
Hi all Jason here been offline for a while as had my phone nicked & had some serious health issues which kept me off work so had a good start to the season with lots of time to prepare & sow etc but the radiotherapy got me ( side effects are quite bad ) so only got back last week to the plot which completely overgrown so lots to clear still got a few bags of toms & potatoes are fine but lost the rest really any way advice time my pear tree has got really bad rusty leaves & white ,/brown spiky legion type things on the leaf any advice on what to do ( it's leaning over quite a lot/ grown heavy on 1 side & also I have raspberries around it HELP

Offline aftermidnight

• Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 05:43:21 PM »
Hi Jason, not sure what you are dealing with but for rust my advice is to clean up all the leaves and burn or bag and put in garbage. After the leaves have fallen do a lime sulfur/ dormant oil spray on your tree and surrounding area early winter and again in early spring before leaf buds swell. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable then me will chime in with a better suggestions but this won't hurt. Hope this helps some.
Know what you mean about side effects, going through the same thing myself right now, still we keep plugging along  :).

Annette

Offline Jasonofaskwiff

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 04:42:49 PM »
Thanks Annette I was going to leave til all leaf fallen then have a good prune & then a spray it's just most advice on net says no sprays available for this as they been withdrawn ??? Good to see your still on here when I came back I thought the site looked much better &, busier than before hope not too many given up

Offline Jasonofaskwiff

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 07:07:51 PM »
Am I logged in properly or has there really been no posts in a week   usf:-( has everyone given up ???

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 11:09:11 PM »
Am I logged in properly or has there really been no posts in a week   usf:-( has everyone given up ???

Hi Jason yes your logged in properly and no there has been no posts in a week sometimes on here there are no posts for at least a fortnight ...

Offline fergie Phil

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 11:06:55 AM »
does any one have any updates on  Big Gee or the wed site. Come on Dave you were big palls  even on the old wed site. We have  been on many years  now .So please any update would be more than welcome. I have Big Gee address but don't think I should get in touch.   so any up dates more than welcome.
                                                      Phil

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 06:45:00 PM »
Hi Phil had a chat with Gee a while ago he has had health problems and at the moment is struggling to get on here hopefully soon he will return to this site think we all miss him and his great sense of humour ..

Offline fergie Phil

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 10:06:12 PM »
OK thanks for the update, big gee was very kind to me when I came out off the liver transplant unite . I don't say much on the site but I still love to read others comments.  Hope all goes well for him, so thanks again for the update and hope more people come back to the chat shed
                                          Phil

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 11:08:56 PM »
Hi phil yes our Big Gee is a very nice chap will do anything he can to help anyone  ..