Author Topic: what you doing ?  (Read 52 times)

Online scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
what you doing ?
« on: August 02, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »
Whats everyone doing ?  how you all coping in this weather ?  ..  Are you enjoying the sun and warmth or hiding behind a fan with a glass of juice full of ice ?..

Offline lottieguy

• Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
Re: what you doing ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »
Hi Ya, what with work and visiting family I seem to no time to myself. Our plot is in the full sun all day and has been so hot you can hardly breath. I have been doing a little but no where near the normal at all. The french beans curled up and went in spite of watering etc though the sweet corn is loving it and 6 foot tall. Runners are hopeless to say the least and only half germinated again in spite of watering. I was late putting them in so there is time yet. Onions are ready to lift as they again have suffered. I wonder if I should of put some debris net over to keep them a bit shaded. Just thought of that. In the greenhouse got so hot up 54C. I hope the sweet potato loves the heat. I have them growing in pots and climbing up canes, it's said they like the warmth. Fingers crossed. Hope you all are doing ok.

Online scary crow

• Global Moderator
Re: what you doing ?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 09:18:56 PM »
Think there has been a lot of growers this year that have suffered due to the drought been lots of growers at our site who have struggled to get some things growing we have been fortunate enough to be able to drench the plot and fill our barrels once a week ..  We had problems at the start of the year getting stuff to germinate ..  Lets just hope this aint the kind of weather we are going to get from now on with all this talk about climate change ..