• Your FEEDBACK 3 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Your FEEDBACK  (Read 5307 times)

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: Your FEEDBACK
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2016, 12:15:45 PM »
You're welcome Wonky!

There's never enough grass cuttings for mulch. And lawn clippings are brilliant because they are short. I bet if you put the word around your neighbours would gladly contribute theirs as well. My neighbours put theirs out in bags for me to collect. Be careful that none of them use that horrible 'Weed & Feed' stuff though - it could cause problems for you.

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2016, 08:48:15 PM »
 clap:-) Well the purple stars are well away now some to the top of the sticks already and loads of flowers on them.
One thing I have noticed as i lost a few to slugs and other unknown prey the ones that lost the main shoot have branched and i now have multi main shoots up to 4 on one plant so ~i got one plant climbing 4 bean sticks boy are they vigorous.
here's a photo of em.

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2016, 11:41:37 PM »
A bumper crop in the making there Dave! As these little beauties can often produce up to the middle of November - if the weather is obliging - then you have every chance of getting a great crop, despite a late start and initial set-backs.

When the leader gets damaged the plants usually respond with a cluster of other leaders - as most plants do. It might have been a good idea for you to have pinched them out and left the strongest one. However, they will still produce for you, except from bushier and shorter plants.

I'm glad they've survived. A testimony to their vigour and strength - they don't give up easily!  ThU32:-)