Author Topic: We have a thief on site  (Read 902 times)

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
We have a thief on site
« on: August 09, 2016, 05:35:28 PM »
Arrived at my plot yesterday to be greated with an old fork with 2 prongs lying on my path and 8 strawberry plants missing and a heap of grass clippings that were in a black bag used to put the stolen plants in cheeky buggers.
Last week a lady had some of her strawberry's dug up also some potatoes dug up and the stalks and leaves replanted to look like they still there. Unbelievable cheek of em.   Angry:-{

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: We have a thief on site
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 07:43:41 PM »
Told you before you need CCTV cameras on that site Dave. Paying hundreds of pounds for locks isn't cracking it. For less money you could probably have caught them by now.

I wouldn't mind losing the odd few veg to someone who's hungry, but my guess is it's not a case of that, given how brazen & cheeky they are, it's almost as if they're mocking you. Bastards!  Angry:-{

I'd be tempted to squeeze some monkshood juice over some veg and leave it out for them to take!  what:-o

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YHmknfLaIy8?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 07:49:03 PM by Big Gee »

Online scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 08:12:00 PM »
I would give veg to someone who was struggling or hungry but i hate thieves especially when they are from the same site as you .. CCTV is good but if they are from that site they would just wear a hood and carry on thieving ... Hope you get to catch them dave stick them in stocks and throw rotten veg at them ..

Offline dimogga

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 10:17:02 AM »
A friend told me she's caught two people taking fruit from plots in the last two days. It's not good. One was a visitor to site - and the other was a plot holder.
It's wrong.

A friend has said to cut some of her glads whilst she's away. I won't cos I don't want to cut her plants - even though she's said I should. I can enjoy them outside just as much, if not more.

Offline lottieguy

• Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 02:22:10 PM »
Hi Ya, we have a sticky fingered a hole on our site to. I have seen them picking raspberries but you can't say ant thing at the time as they may of had permission to help themselves. Us plot holders are a trusting lot. It was only when I was talking to the plot holder and was complaining about the poor crop I twigged. This person has been seen taking veg home they don't grow. They speak to people like they are s--t as well. They want to be careful. They were even caught by one plot holder and actually said when asked what they were doing said looking at your courgettes as mine are rubbish I'll have some of yours. As I aid they need to be careful as some on site will not tolerate such behaviour and they likely to get thumped. Very very annoying and if caught on my plot with produce I would inform the police. The monks juice sounds fun. This person even pinched stuff put out for others by agreement and then has been heard bragging about it. What can you do. I hope these eye open as trouble isn't far away. very annoying when you can't trust your fellow plotters. Nothing of mine has been touched yet but several people have had stuff go missing and nearly gave it up. I just hope they get their come upence. OK rany over thanks for reading.

Offline aftermidnight

• Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 07:29:25 PM »
Lottieguy, unfortunately it's a sign of the times, respect has gone out the window along with civility and the list goes on. I'm a firm believer in what goes round comes round, rest assured these people will get theirs eventually, it might come from a very unsuspecting source and when they think why me.... they should think back about their own actions and what they have done, I have seen this happen time and time again.
Still it's very disheartening to find what you have put so much into growing only to find it gone, especially if l you're like me love to share what you grow.

Annette

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 11:40:31 AM »
If I had my way any allotment thief caught in the act, should be hung and their body displayed on a spike above  the entrance gate!!!

Or they should be forced to hand dig all the plots on the site for ten years!!!  Grin2:-)