Author Topic: The WEATHER where you are TODAY  (Read 27347 times)

Offline spuds

• Full Plot Cultivator
Re: The WEATHER where you are TODAY
« Reply #2100 on: July 24, 2018, 08:20:27 AM »
 its hot here, its hot there, its hot everywhere 
that's it I'm off on holidays some where NICE an  HOT  CThUpD:-)
Turkey here I come fly out Monday
Spuds (mick Ford)
is that the kettle I hear boiling
Newton Abbot Sunny Devon ( most times!)

Offline spuds

• Full Plot Cultivator
« Reply #2101 on: July 24, 2018, 08:22:24 AM »
 remember this
Spuds (mick Ford)
is that the kettle I hear boiling
Newton Abbot Sunny Devon ( most times!)

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
« Reply #2102 on: July 24, 2018, 09:19:40 PM »
its hot here, its hot there, its hot everywhere 
that's it I'm off on holidays some where NICE an  HOT  CThUpD:-)
Turkey here I come fly out Monday

Have a nice holiday it might even be cooler there   lol(1)..

Offline lottieguy

• Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
« Reply #2103 on: July 27, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »
Hi, our 61 days with no rain and this morning I heard the pitter patter of rain drops and thought here we go, thunder rolling on for 3 hrs and the dog jumping all over me as she is s--t scared of thunder. Low and behold there wasn't enough to do any good just damp down the dust and that was that. We have been threatened with more thunder this pm and we may see the odd very heavy shower. If it does happen after the weekend it is apparently going to get hot again. The so called experts are saying this is going to become the norm now. Still my sweep potatoes are looking like they are enjoying it so lets hope they produce this year. Happy days

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2104 on: July 27, 2018, 11:18:20 PM »
We had dark clouds high winds and a blast of rain which lasted about 15 minutes to be honest I have produced more moisture on my forehead in the past week    lol(1)   there threating for more on Saturday and sunday believe that when we get it ..  Glad I watered my plot today and had a good pick cabbage, cauliflower, runners, spuds, and black currants did mean to get some curly kale but forgot that the old brain seizes up in all this heat ..  With all this heat those sweet potatoes will be cooked by the time you harvest them lottieguy  .. ROL :-))

Offline lottieguy

« Reply #2105 on: July 30, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »
Hi Ya, well the weather here has finally broken. We has thunder and lightening Friday night and early hours Saturday. That was 62 days and no rain, I went to the plot on Sunday as it was clear and the temperature was nice. On my arrival it started raining again, not heavy but the rain that soaks you. So that put the kybosh on that. Still it will of done some good. Day off tomorrow so hopefully can get done what I missed out on Sunday. Going to get warmer in the week so summer is still on us. Still only measured .45" on the rain gauge though.

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2106 on: July 31, 2018, 10:18:44 PM »
Had a little downpour on Saturday evening and the same this morning [tues] for about a hour but every bit helps could do with some more before it heats up again this week ...

Offline lottieguy

« Reply #2107 on: August 07, 2018, 02:29:22 PM »
Hi, well it's been ho hot hot since our drop of rain, its even hotter today. They have forecast thunder etc for this evening but they have done that so many times you wonder if they are playing a guessing game or lost their seaweed. We can certainly do with it as the temperatures  are forecast to drop as well. Will let you know what happens

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2108 on: August 07, 2018, 02:57:48 PM »
Hi, well it's been ho hot hot since our drop of rain, its even hotter today. They have forecast thunder etc for this evening but they have done that so many times you wonder if they are playing a guessing game or lost their seaweed. We can certainly do with it as the temperatures  are forecast to drop as well. Will let you know what happens

Yes been the same here loyyieguy since the last drop of rain we had ..  Would be great to get some decent rain and some cooler tempertures  will be looking towards the sky this evening and doing a rain dance ...

Offline lottieguy

« Reply #2109 on: August 08, 2018, 02:28:05 PM »
Hi Ya, Well we had rain a whole .05" of it which roughly translates into 1.25mm in new money. The rain dance did not work. I bet when it does break it will be monsoon time and the ground will flood as it's so dry. Still I hope to get something done this weekend as it is forecast to be fresher and cooler. Won't hold my breath though, I've been transporting water in for the birds as I don't trust the dip tanks. If you saw the state of them with all sorts of rubbish floating in them they do not look inviting. I am down to my last few drops in my water butts so I may have to use the dip tank eventually. Good luck all

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2110 on: August 09, 2018, 04:11:25 PM »
Better late than never the rain dance has worked it,s been raining here since 11am and still going now good steady rain has created plenty of floods on the road with blocked drains needs to go through the night to get into this dry land here ..

Offline lottieguy

« Reply #2111 on: August 10, 2018, 10:56:43 AM »
Hi Ya, Well my rain dance worked as well and we had rain start about 3pm and like you scary flooded roads on the way home, big flood at the entrance to plot site, filling my butts up. 4 butts full at home, had about 0.75". So happy days. Hopefully will be on the plot the w/end and get my leeks planted aswell as other jobs. It's a lot cooler and more comfortable today as well.

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2112 on: August 13, 2018, 08:56:32 PM »
Had some decent showers of rain the past few days so today when we visited the plot not to work just walked the dogs discovered it was enough to half filled a water butt  . Looks like theres some more rain clouds floating about around here so may get some yet ..