Author Topic: UBUNTU - Building a new world  (Read 437 times)

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
UBUNTU - Building a new world
« on: May 09, 2015, 01:28:35 AM »
UBUNTU - no, not the Linux Ubuntu operating system for computers, but the shape of what a new world system could be without capitalism and with true freedom for all of mankind. - the word ubuntu is just a shared word that has the same meaning.

Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning 'humanity to others'. It also means 'I am what I am because of who we all are'. The Ubuntu operating system brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the world of computers, but that's not what we're discussing here, this is about a whole new system for humanity where money has no value and greed, 'meism' and selfishness is banished.

The Ubuntu Freedom Movement is about moving from a money-driven society to a society driven by people, their talents and their passion for life. Where everyone contributes their natural talents or acquired skills to the greatest benefit of all in their community.

An ancient Cherokee proverb says:

“If it’s not good for everyone, it’s no good at all.”

Michael Tellinger is an interesting character. He's a South African author, songwriter and politician.In 2012 Tellinger founded the Ubuntu Party in South Africa, based on his principles of contributionism. You can do your own research on him, for now here are a few video clips that will give you a broad insight into his fascinating vision for the future based on what he calls "CONTRIBUTIONISM"

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UHSfpzxPUrg?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TZoEW72dgFg?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4sxwXjqawEw?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Professor Franz Hörmann and Michael Tellinger - The end of Money and Ubuntu:

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yESX48AaWts?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope you enjoy the videos - quite an eye opener. Feel free to comment . . . . . .

Offline Poppa Tommo

• 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
Re: UBUNTU - Building a new world
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 09:43:33 AM »
He hit the nail on the head when he said that 'fear' is what controlls us all. I'm not going to get into some long winded philosophy about capitalism, but we all know that we all 'contribute' to a globally failing capitalist system.

Fear of losing 'everything' is what ties us into this system. Hand on heart, how many of us have thought about voting 'Green' and yet lack the confidence, or are 'afraid' to do. Blah blah blah.

Cans of worms, insecurity, fear, lack of collaborative, free education....they've got us by the balls. We are nothing but the dust to be swept away after we have built their yachts and mansions, created the chemicals with which to poison and destroy the planet and made the guns to shoot each other with.

Don't get me started on religious fundamentalism, the invention of God and the ultimate control through fear that all that brings.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: UBUNTU - Building a new world
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:32:19 AM »
I couldn't agree more with you Tommo! We're both definitely singing from the same hymn sheet on this one!

I personally can't wait for the current system to pop. Apart from the initial misery it will cause, we'll be well rid of it. It will be like recovering from a major operation to remove a cancerous tumour that's killing us at the moment, and has done since money was first invented to enslave us.