Author Topic: Been a lovely day for me!  (Read 268 times)

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Been a lovely day for me!
« on: November 06, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »
I'm not just talking 'weather' and no it hasn't been 'lovely' at all - the total opposite.

It's been a rough old day weatherwise, really strong winds and drizzly, driving rain & it's set to get worse - according to the weathermen. More gales and squally showers blowing in to the west coast in the next day or so apparently.

I had one of those horrible day experiences again today, shopping with HI & dragging my 84 year old mother around who's as deaf as a door post and too stubborn to put a hearing aid in her ear! Blood tests for her this morning, followed by a trip to the opticians for her eye test this afternoon. She also talks incessantly on any random subject under the sun, except the one I'm talking about at the time. Torture is not being tied naked to a tree in lashing snow & left there overnight in a blizzard, but being couped up with my mother in a car park whilst the other half is doing the rounds in the supermarket! Where's the Valium bottle . . . .  cry:-(

Offline squirrel

Re: Been a lovely day for me!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 11:22:12 PM »
 ss:-( well BG I guess you will just have to wait a little longer and then you can put your kinds to the test too.  ROL :-))
squirrels are often out their trees but never short of nuts.

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 11:04:58 AM »
Hmmm - I suppose so Fluffy!

Been a rough old night here with gale force winds & rain lashing against the windows. The noise actually woke me up in the middle of the night. Not a new experience though for those of us here who dwell on the west coast.  ss:-(

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 11:29:29 AM »
 usf:-(  Same here mate not as bad as you G rained on and off most of night windy at times but not as rough as you had it. Raining on and off here now.

Offline dimogga

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:10:03 PM »
I think lots of older people do that talking about what they want and not actually having a conversation. OH's mum is very good at it.

Braved the supermarket today to get some essentials. Forgot cat food. And ketchup.
Had secret smiles with a lady who was also trying to creep round the side of an elderly pair out shopping who were stopping two abreast on every aisle, but only where there was a basket in place.