: New  ( 636 )

Jasonofaskwiff

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
  • : 37
New
« : December 08, 2017, 04:37:01 AM »
Hi all I'm jason & new to posting not sure this is even in the correct bit anyway I find my way round  😃

Poppa Tommo

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • : 2030
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
Re: New
« #1 : December 08, 2017, 08:27:25 AM »
Hello Jason, and welcome to the shed. This is a warm and helpful forum with enough expertise between the members to answer most of your queries.

How about letting us know a bit about yourself such as gardening interests, do you have an allotment, make homebrew, have recipes etc etc.

But whatever you want to do you will be welcome here.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

aftermidnight

• : 689
    • Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« #2 : December 08, 2017, 03:02:37 PM »
A big hello from me too Jason, they're a great bunch on here, they even put up with me  Grin2:-).

Annette

scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • : 3827
« #3 : December 08, 2017, 07:11:25 PM »
Hi Jason and welcome like Tommo has said let us know a little about yourself and what your into growing either in your garden or allotment ..

Jasonofaskwiff

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
  • : 37
« #4 : December 08, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »
Hi all thanks for welcome I live in hendon & have had a half plot for 10 yr & now after years of moaning about the un cultivated next door have now taken that as well so 2 half plots had a bad start last year as our secretary lost her life (r I p leah ) won't go into that very sad ))) now only just started winter dig ( very late but got some elephant garlic in which I saved from last year & hope to get onions in soon I just got my runners podded that I saved & found I had about 8 dark almost black beans so I researched & found u guys so here I am I hope to crack on & get more done this year but a constant battle with weeds from neighbours looking to make new plot all unusual types & experiment a bit rear of plot is on a stream & the banks have been taken over with knotweed so any advice on getting shot of that will be great will post some pics as I progress cheers all😉

scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • : 3827
« #5 : December 08, 2017, 11:01:49 PM »
We all suffer with the neighbouring plots weed infestation such a problem and spoils the enjoyment of growing for so many ..
Whoever owns that bank next to that stream is responsible for controlling the japanese knotweed ..

Poppa Tommo

• : 2030
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« #6 : December 09, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »
Great stuff. Seems like you know what you are doing.

Never quite understood why elephant garlic is so expensive as its so easy to grow and b, why it is called garlic as it is really an onion that tastes a bit of mild garlic. Still, each to their own.

P. S. Garlic is a HOT topic on this forum....oops, I've done it again. Just don't ask Big Gee ( The Chatshed Founder) what he thinks about this marvellous stuff......
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

aftermidnight

• : 689
    • Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« #7 : December 09, 2017, 03:29:47 PM »

"P. S. Garlic is a HOT topic on this forum....oops, I've done it again. Just don't ask Big Gee ( The Chatshed Founder) what he thinks about this marvellous stuff"

Tommo, your an instigator  lol(1)

Annette

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
  • : 1861
« #8 : December 09, 2017, 08:25:08 PM »
Hi Jason welcome to the shed.
Yes the dreaded WEEDS that is the reason I have given up my plot the constant battle against the weeds.
It all boils down to none cultivation of the vacant plots, our site has 90 plots of which 60 are vacant and over grown with weeds.
The Council is closing it down now and downsizing it to around 30 plots and building houses on the rest.
We just could not get people interested in having a plot in the local area, lack of interest.  spf:-(