: Hello all  ( 756 )

Eric02

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
  • : 2
Hello all
« : March 02, 2017, 05:25:03 AM »
I'm Eric Walker from Canada. I'm a newbie here and I would like to get suggestions for gardening. I'm new to gardening, so hoping to get a lot of ideas.

Poppa Tommo

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • : 2030
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
Re: Hello all
« #1 : March 02, 2017, 08:20:20 AM »
Hello Eric

May I be the first to welcome you to the Shed.

You will find acres of knowledge here with many offering their experience. We have seed swaps, bee keepers, fruit growers and so on. You also have fellow Canadians on here, a frequent visitor is Annette AKA Aftermidnight. In fact we are a global club with members stretching all the way to Australia and back again.

There won't be subject that no-one will have an answer to

So, again, welcome
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • : 3827
« #2 : March 02, 2017, 03:34:41 PM »
Hello and welcome Eric as our Tommo has already said we have members from all over the globe with endless knowledge so any questions just ask away ...

aftermidnight

• : 689
    • Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« #3 : March 02, 2017, 03:51:26 PM »
Hi Eric welcome to the shed, it has fast become my home away from home. They're a great bunch on here although Big Gee does get a little grumpy when we talk about garlic Grin2:-).
I'm getting up in years, actually I'm already up there :(  but my garden keeps me going, if I can be of any help just let me know.
Did you get some of Gee's amazing 'Aeron Purple Star' runners, if not I had a bumper crop last year so have seed to spare along with a FEW  :) other heirloom beans in my stash.

Annette

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • : 7528
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« #4 : March 03, 2017, 04:46:21 PM »
Hello Eric - I'm the 'grumpy ol' git' they've been referring to! I'm NOT really - I blame it on the garlic products they sneak into my processed food - it disengages the right and left hemispheres of your brain!  lol(1)

Glad to have you on-board! I really look forward to your posts. Do take Annette (who despite her protestations about her age is actually about 20 in REAL years) up on her offer of some Aeron Purple Star (APS) runner beans. I've run out of spare stock for the 2017 season, and I'm now only taking requests for the 2018 season.

Don't be shy to ask ANY questions - regardless of how silly you might think they are. Nothing is too simple or too complicated for the dwellers of the 'Chat-SHED'.

Poppa Tommo

• : 2030
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« #5 : March 06, 2017, 09:25:13 AM »
Here here and hear hear .....well, except the bit about the garlic  what:-{
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • : 7528
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« #6 : March 07, 2017, 09:29:29 PM »
Here here and hear hear .....well, except the bit about the garlic  what:-{

"Beware the ides of March". Julius Caesar became a cropper on that day - you'll suffer the same fate when that garlic juice gets into your bloodstream!!!!  what:-o

Just tried to phone you on your mobile, but no reply - I hear you've been trying to track me down - sorry about that. Up to my ears in it since my sister passed away & I haven't been too well. Having a Behçet's flare-up (stress I guess). Also I've been floating around in areas where there's no signal - including my sister's house. It's a problem in our hilly little country on the Western extremity.