: Hello....  ( 777 )

Lola8325

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
  • : 3
Hello....
« : February 15, 2017, 09:40:52 PM »
Hello Folks  HTT:-} 
I'm new to this forum but not new to vegetable gardening.  I'm daydreaming about the end of winter and the future gardening season. This time of year, I enjoy spending allot of time reading and learning about old and new gardening ideas, growing & saving heirloom seeds,and etc.  I also enjoy learning from other folk's gardening adventures which can be quite inspirational to me. I'm always open to new ideas. 

scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • : 3827
Re: Hello....
« #1 : February 15, 2017, 09:53:42 PM »
Hello and welcome to our forum Lola there are lots of dedicated growers on here that like you are into heirloom seeds and do enjoy a good chat regarding vegtables and fruit ..  Like you we are also looking forward to the end of winter and the weather warming up so that we can get onto our plots ..  If you have any questions please ask away or theres plenty of topics on here that you can read through and comment on ..

Lola8325

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« #2 : February 15, 2017, 11:01:42 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to finding some heirloom chatter.

spuds

• Full Plot Cultivator
  • : 494
« #3 : February 16, 2017, 07:41:36 AM »
Hello Folks  HTT:-} 
I'm new to this forum but not new to vegetable gardening.  I'm daydreaming about the end of winter and the future gardening season. This time of year, I enjoy spending allot of time reading and learning about old and new gardening ideas, growing & saving heirloom seeds,and etc.  I also enjoy learning from other folk's gardening adventures which can be quite inspirational to me. I'm always open to new ideas.
welcome Lola  ThU32:-)
Spuds (mick Ford)
is that the kettle I hear boiling
Newton Abbot Sunny Devon ( most times!)

Poppa Tommo

• : 2030
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« #4 : February 17, 2017, 12:05:21 AM »
And from me in Zunny Deb'n. If it's heirloom seed saving you are after look no further. We have oodles of them on here. From me, personally, there's heirloom tomatoes, Victorian purple podded peas, the Cherokee trail of tears beans and, of course, my special heritage Apple scions...over in Canada there is Annette AKA After Midnight, who has a world of heritage pole beans, butter beans, spotty beans and beans you will never have heard of.

We come from far and wide.

Welcome to one of the friendliest gardening forums on the planet.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

aftermidnight

• : 689
    • Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« #5 : February 17, 2017, 06:54:54 AM »
Hi Lola, welcome to the forum. Heirloom beans are what interest me most but I grow a few heirloom tomatoes and other things. I can hardly wait for this winter to end, it's been a real stinker.
already planning what I'll plant this year, in fact I've just started a few tomatoes.

Annette

aftermidnight

• : 689
    • Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« #6 : February 17, 2017, 05:38:12 PM »
 It's a small world after all  :), We just realized Lola and I know each other through another forum.
It's going to be fun having another member from our side of the pond here in the shed ThU32:-).

Annette

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • : 7528
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« #7 : February 18, 2017, 01:15:59 AM »
And a big hello from me - we've beaten the others to it haven't we? We've actually had a keyboard 'chat' before you introduced yourself to the rest of the gang! Let me know when your Aeron Purple Star beans arrive.

Tommo: Lola got hold of the 'Shed' through a request for some beans. Unfortunately I'm now out of the ones you grew for me in 2016, so I've sent Lola some leftovers from the 2015 season. They should be OK but it's always good to share the latest crop. It'll be interesting to see how they perform across the pond  in the Kansas soil and climate - they certainly like their home in Vancouver with Annette.

Poppa Tommo

• : 2030
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« #8 : February 18, 2017, 11:51:37 PM »
In a way it's great that you have run out of the 2016 vintage...these are obviously a well travelled bean. They also have muscle and vigour so I have every confidence in the 2015 leftovers too.

Happy growing
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Lola8325

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« #9 : February 20, 2017, 06:57:33 PM »
I enjoyed all your responses and welcomes!  YRTB   I'm looking forward to visiting here as I have time.
Lola