: Another New addition!!  ( 850 )

Steve235

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
  • : 1
Another New addition!!
« : December 15, 2016, 08:41:19 PM »
Good Evening!
Just joined here- read through initially and looks great for reading new ides & advice!!

Had my allotment about 6 months now, learning as I go! Was covered in couch grass but with some hard work I've got it close to clear now, and built a small chicken coup/run where I have my 4 girls!

Hope to speak to all soon!

Cheers

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • : 7528
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: Another New addition!!
« #1 : December 15, 2016, 08:58:27 PM »
Hiya Steve - welcome on-board mate!

We managed it at last between us! Sorry about that, but all's well that ends well! RedFaced:-(

If you've just got a plot, you'll love it on here, they'll all gather around you like mother hens! Which is quite an appropriate metaphor - as you've already built a chicken coup for yourself.

On the subject of chickens, Click on my Aeron Vale Allotments button below and check out my 'Keeping Chickens Guide' link.

We're all looking forward to your allotment exploits, and don't forget ANY questions just ask - there's no snobbery here, old hands & novices are all treated the same.  ThU5:-)

scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • : 3826
« #2 : December 15, 2016, 09:49:52 PM »
Hello and welcome Steve as already said this forum is full of knowledgeable friendly growers that are more than willing to help you with great advice ...

Poppa Tommo

• : 2030
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« #3 : December 16, 2016, 09:06:04 AM »
Oooh Arrr and a big welcome from Zunny Deb'n. There's loads of stuff buried in the Chat-Shed Archives...anything from bee keeping, tree grafting, veg and fruit growing, personal (and excellent) home grown recipes, good jokes, awful jokes, touching accounts of both losses and successes...you'll find it all here.

We're a stalwart, international bunch of, dare I say it, down to earth gardeners so enjoy your stay.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

aftermidnight

• : 689
    • Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« #4 : December 16, 2016, 01:42:42 PM »
Hi Steve, I garden across the pond on Vancouver Island, when you mentioned couch grass it sent shivers up and down my spine I've been battling that monster for years, as thick as coat hanger wire, as strong too. That stuff will even bore into landscape ties Angry:-{.
Looking forward to hearing about your gardening experiences, I garden at home and I'm sure some on here have larger lotties then my garden but I manage to get quite a bit out of my small space.

Annette

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • : 7528
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« #5 : December 16, 2016, 10:23:51 PM »
Hi Steve, I garden across the pond on Vancouver Island, when you mentioned couch grass it sent shivers up and down my spine I've been battling that monster for years, as thick as coat hanger wire, as strong too. That stuff will even bore into landscape ties Angry:-{.
Looking forward to hearing about your gardening experiences, I garden at home and I'm sure some on here have larger lotties then my garden but I manage to get quite a bit out of my small space.

Annette

Couch grass & Mare's tail - the twin nightmares of all gardeners!