: Hello from Bonnie Scotland  ( 470 )

Novice

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
  • : 1
Hello from Bonnie Scotland
« : August 28, 2016, 02:08:08 PM »
Amateur novice gardener here, who is attempting to add some colour to the back green.  There is far too much greenery, ha ha.

I am initally the sort of person who will plant bulbs, seeds and hope for the best, but during the past few months, all I am seeing is weeds.  Hence, joining this forum.

Anyway.  Lets see what happens.

Eddie

scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • : 3826
Re: Hello from Bonnie Scotland
« #1 : August 28, 2016, 06:41:51 PM »
Welcome Eddie there are plenty of growers on here to give you advice and brighten up your garden .. Got questions just ask away and someone or many will give you answers and advice ..

Poppa Tommo

• : 2030
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« #2 : August 29, 2016, 09:17:21 AM »
Welcome to the 'Shed', Eddie.

Whether you want your garden to feed you or just look pretty there are plenty of like minded folk here.

Between the lines of serious gardening you will be sure to find a good laugh, a debate or two and definitely some kindred spirit; plus, as Scary said, plenty of combined knowledge.

As for your bulbs and seeds, I don't know if they are edible or viewable but if they don't come up try setting them in pots first. You can always transplant when ready.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • : 7528
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« #3 : August 29, 2016, 08:09:12 PM »
Welcome Eddie!

So pleased to have you on-board. If you're a true "novice gardener" you've landed in the right place. There are myriads on here that will split a gut to get you up and running. The whole mission of the 'Shed' is to aggregate gardening knowledge + experience and then spread it all around amongst our members!

The only thing you MUST have is a good sense of humour - because we seem to have collected a lot of gardeners with a five star sense of humour here - so beware of the banter - it's very contagious.  CW ;-)