: Hi from Norfolk  ( 912 )

norfolk

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
  • : 12
Hi from Norfolk
« : November 08, 2015, 10:16:04 AM »
Morning from a cold wet Norfolk.

I moved to where I am now in Norfolk almost three 3 years ago and it has only been the last year I have managed to start getting the garden in shape. I have dabbled in gardening on and off for as long as I can remember and briefly had a lottie before moving. I prefer to spend more time on veggies then flowers and am currently on a major learning curve in the realms of fruit trees. Like many (I think) I am a complete seedaholic and love trying weird and wonderfuls.

Look forward to meeting you all  :)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • : 7528
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: Hi from Norfolk
« #1 : November 08, 2015, 10:39:38 AM »
Hello 'Norfolk' - great to have you on board!

It's pretty wet and windy here on the west Wales coast as well, although quite mild. Apparently there's a queue of Atlantic fronts blowing in this week & moving east, we'll try & take the sting out of them before they reach you!!  :-)snigger

You'll enjoy on here Norfolk - we're a very down to earth bunch and don't stand much on ceremony - we're not quite as formal as many other forums - more like a happy boisterous family. So pull up a chair and join in!

ENJOY!  CThUpD:-)

scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • : 3827
« #2 : November 08, 2015, 07:21:38 PM »
Hi Norfolk and welcome to a great forum full of great info and any problems with flowers or veg theres always someone on here that have the answers that you need .. 

aftermidnight

• : 689
    • Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« #3 : November 08, 2015, 07:55:30 PM »
Hi Norfolk,
I'm from the other side of the pond, I think you'll love it here I do. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and if looking for something in particular one of these guys might have it and is willing to share or if they don't they can most likely give advice as where you might find it. To me it's become a home away from home.

Annette

norfolk

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« #4 : November 08, 2015, 08:15:24 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcomes  :)

spuds

• Full Plot Cultivator
  • : 494
« #5 : November 08, 2015, 08:27:38 PM »
welcome aboard Norfolk   chrs:-)
if you can't find the answers here you won't find them anywhere
enjoy the forum  HAGD :-)
Spuds (mick Ford)
is that the kettle I hear boiling
Newton Abbot Sunny Devon ( most times!)

wonky

• : 756
  • It's Grim Up North!
    • The Allotment (photos on Facebook)
« #6 : November 08, 2015, 11:47:06 PM »
Welcome Norfolk from a very wet, cold and windy South Yorkshire! I was brought up on the Duke of Norfolk estate in Rotherham 'a little while ago' but I don't suppose you are a relative of his? Mind until recently we did have a King amongst the membership, though he abdicated from that title recently, and currently we have a Princess so a Duke would fit in just nicely!

As for trying the 'weird and wonderful' you should find this a great place to be - welcome to the Shed and enjoy your time here!

Poppa Tommo

• : 2030
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« #7 : December 03, 2015, 09:32:08 PM »
Hi from Zunny Deb'n too.

Sorry I missed your entrance to the Shed, Norfolk, but welcome non the less.

As every one else has said were a happy bunch here in the main. You will find plenty of support, advice, knowledge, humour, sympathy, empathy, arguments, agreements, disagreement.....bit like being in an extended family really.

Happy to have you with us.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Anthony

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
  • : 1
« #8 : January 13, 2016, 04:37:02 PM »
Hi there, I'm from Norwich Norfolk, happy gardening all

scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • : 3827
« #9 : January 13, 2016, 06:53:20 PM »
Hello Anthony and welcome to our great allotment  and gardening forum ..   Tell us something about yourself and look forward to plenty of welcoming messages from a great bunch of people on here ......

norfolk

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« #10 : January 15, 2016, 09:57:37 AM »
Welcome Norfolk from a very wet, cold and windy South Yorkshire! I was brought up on the Duke of Norfolk estate in Rotherham 'a little while ago' but I don't suppose you are a relative of his? Mind until recently we did have a King amongst the membership, though he abdicated from that title recently, and currently we have a Princess so a Duke would fit in just nicely!

As for trying the 'weird and wonderful' you should find this a great place to be - welcome to the Shed and enjoy your time here!

Just to let you know, I am just a peasant - no grandeur here  ^-^

norfolk

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
« #11 : January 15, 2016, 10:00:57 AM »
Hi there, I'm from Norwich Norfolk, happy gardening all

Oh hello, I thought scary crow had lost the plot then for a min  Blush:-( Feel free to tell us more. If you need help, just ask away  ThU:-)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« #12 : January 15, 2016, 12:06:23 PM »
lol(1) I think the old corvoid has got you two 'Norfolkians' mixed up!!

The new member with the username 'Anthony' is a new member from Norfolk, and then we have the 'peasant' called Norfolk who's been here a tad longer.

I know it's a bit a muddly Scary!  But stick at it - you're doing well fpr a crow!! ROL :-))

aftermidnight

• : 689
    • Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« #13 : January 15, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »
Hi Anthony, I'm across the pond on Vancouver Island, a big welcome from me too.
Annette

flowerpot

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
  • : 2
    • flowerpot
« #14 : April 29, 2016, 05:16:27 PM »
Hello there from Norfolk, Claire,

Nice to see you.  My name is Jill and I am from The North of Scotland.  Aberdeenshire to be precise.  I posted a post about mint as just dug it out and wondering if it will return?   Your posts sound interesting.  I do know Norfolk it is rather flat but very beautiful.  I have never been.  Please tell me about it?

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« #15 : April 29, 2016, 07:49:38 PM »
Hello there from Norfolk, Claire,

Nice to see you.  My name is Jill and I am from The North of Scotland.  Aberdeenshire to be precise.  I posted a post about mint as just dug it out and wondering if it will return?   Your posts sound interesting.  I do know Norfolk it is rather flat but very beautiful.  I have never been.  Please tell me about it?

Hello Jill & WELCOME! Nice to welcome someone from north of the border. I like your screen name (Flowerpot) we have a few weeds here but not so many flowerpot men.

I hope you enjoy in the 'Shed' - make yourself at home, we're a friendly bunch (as long as you can put up with the banter!).

I've just read your post on mint, I've moved it to the 'Questions about herbs' board in the 'YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED' section. It's easy to find, just scroll down the 'HOME' page until you see the heading  YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED.

I'll reply to your question there. In the meantime have a wander around - you've got a lot of bed time reading to catch up on here!  ThU32:-)