Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
  • WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY IN YOUR GARDEN / ALLOTMENT 5 3
Currently:  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY IN YOUR GARDEN / ALLOTMENT  (Read 18376 times)

scary crow

• Global Moderator
Re: WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY IN YOUR GARDEN / ALLOTMENT
« Reply #2180 on: February 08, 2018, 08:52:05 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Looking very professional there Dave so whatever you plant in the nursery bed is it just   to  plant out in your garden as i thought you had given up with the allotment plot  as the plots all around you were turning into jungles ..

I will put any seedlings in there that are ready to go out but need protection. Then grow spring onions and other crops that do not need a lot of room cut and come lettuce etc.

Not fully decided what to grow yet it will be an experimental year to learn what's best to grow in the conditions I got.  ThU:-)

[/quote

Safe place for seedlings then a case of grow what you can salad things .. Theres quiet a few things you can grow in a area that size ..
ThU:-)LOOK CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DRAWINGS  ThU:-)

aftermidnight

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
    • Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #2181 on: February 17, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »

It's still a little too early to be planting anything here, I've just been trying to decide what I will be growing this year. I'll only be growing 6-8 varieties of tomatoes due to lack of space, four for sure are "Rob's Wild Cherry" and one called "New Yorker" (a new to me one that there's a bit of a contest going on, who can grow the best one), "Larisa's Russian Beauty" and "Cherokee purple".

Beans that's another matter,  although I won't be growing as many varieties as I have in past years three for sure are "Bob and Mary","Sarah's Old Fashioned Black" and the "white seeded Cherokee Trail of Tears"  this oneI got from Rob, these three I want to get in the seed bank over here, thanks to several very wonderful people your side of the pond I finally have seed for these after many years of searching.

Although the weather is improving it's still not comfortable enough for me  to be puttering around outside so I've been going through my bean inventory, going through the list of what I actually have, where they're stored,  totes, fridge, freezer or where the h*ll did I put that one. I hope to get a sample of all I have in the freezer, each jar is numbered and I keep a list in the freezer of what variety is in each jar, this way when I'm gone someone will get my collection freezer and all. Don't want to see all these old wonderful heirloom varieties get tossed.

Annette

Some of the old heirlooms I have took years to track down, some are practically extinct. I've been trying to germinate one variety from some old seed I bought a few years back without any success so far, the few people I know that also have this one aren't having any success either  :(.

I will be growing Diva cucumbers again, this one blew us away last year, I had 6 plants in and we ended up giving buckets of these away, a great little cucumber, picked at 5-6" you can't beat them. I still have a few potato onions so will pop them in too just for increase, this variety is fast becoming hard to find  Broome Longkeeper.   Ozette potatoes, I'll pop a few of those in to just to keep this old heirloom going and I'll be growing my Croatian lettuce as well. What else I'll grow is up in the air,  maybe some beets, the older I get,  the less energy I have :D.

Annette

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2182 on: February 18, 2018, 11:00:50 AM »

Nice one Annette keep up the good work.

I have been busy getting the bed ready for my rhubarb, raspberries, blackcurrant and blackberry plants.

A few pics of progress

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2183 on: February 18, 2018, 05:58:43 PM »

Another good afternoon on garden , Got my rhubarb planted, the blackcurrant, the blackberry and 6 raspberry canes.

Have got some potatoes chitting to grow in 3 tubs earlies ,mids and lates.

A few more pics to look at.

Jasonofaskwiff

• Plot Cultivator
« Reply #2184 on: February 18, 2018, 08:08:48 PM »

Hi all had a nightmare time of late ordered a polytunnel from ebay in December 4m3m but didn't open the carton as I wanted to make some raised beds before I assembled & last week I took it to plot only to find they sent me a 32 without telling me (great) anyway I made my raised beds but 390 long 2 weeks ago so had to order another 1 luckily a 4 m poly tunnel isn't 4m but is 390 long so I was very pleased when setting out base (so be careful & open & check sizes ) any way dug out the beds down to the clay & added a good 8" of manure putting back the top soil with a good few barrow loads of compost mixed in also got some lovely york stone for a path hope to get it all ready for next month going to try to build a collapsible stage onto the Base for seed trays I will try to put up some pics lovely weekend spring is on its way at last
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:53:51 PM by Westheathdave »

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2185 on: February 19, 2018, 12:56:45 PM »

Hi Jason I have modified your post for you .

I have edited the picture and reduced the size of it so it easy to lookat.

Regards Dave

CW ;-)

Jasonofaskwiff

• Plot Cultivator
« Reply #2186 on: February 19, 2018, 07:03:24 PM »

Thanks dave saw a message about another facility but went off what was that

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2187 on: February 19, 2018, 09:54:46 PM »

Thanks dave saw a message about another facility but went off what was that

Hi Jason, there is a chat facility on here so you can chat live. Look at the bottom Left of the screen, where you see who's online just click on it the people who are online show in window click on the person you want to chat with.

A pop up window will appear bottom right of screen just click in window and type in what you want to chat about.

Hope that helps.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110]   Go Up