Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
  • WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY IN YOUR GARDEN / ALLOTMENT 5 3
Currently:  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY IN YOUR GARDEN / ALLOTMENT  (Read 13922 times)

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
Re: WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY IN YOUR GARDEN / ALLOTMENT
« Reply #2120 on: August 15, 2017, 08:14:23 PM »

ThU32:-)  My builders did not come yesterday cos of the weather. They came today and laid the last of the slabs, because of a change of plan got to get some more slabs.
I want them to do some more slabbing in another area of garden as not happy with current surface.
Here is another Piccy.

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2121 on: August 16, 2017, 09:36:03 PM »

ThU32:-)  Another good day today my friend who made the doors and frames came and fitted the doors for me this morning.
The builders almost finished this evening just a couple of half slabs to do now + tidy and point it all.
A couple of pics.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #2122 on: August 17, 2017, 01:36:51 PM »

Excuse my stupidity (or bad eyesight) Dave, but where are the raised beds? All I can see are brick walls and concrete slabs! Or am I missing something?  mad:-|
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2123 on: August 17, 2017, 09:15:18 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Excuse my stupidity (or bad eyesight) Dave, but where are the raised beds? All I can see are brick walls and concrete slabs! Or am I missing something?  mad:-|

Give me chance mate got to get the ground work done first the beds are next check this link out 

Have got to work sizes out yet Rome was not built in a day you know   CW ;-) 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:34:04 PM by Big Gee »

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2124 on: August 17, 2017, 09:35:14 PM »

Oops - sorry for my impatience Dave!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2125 on: September 27, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »

spf:-(  Due to various things happening work come to a standstill on garden project.
1: Dad had a bad fall I had to live at his for 2 weeks to look after him.
2: 2 days before my holiday was due to start I made a cup of coffee sat down with it must have fell asleep next thing I remember waking up in agony coffee had spilled all in my lap and scalded me. Whilst in Spain it got infected and I had to go to a Spanish Hospital for treatment they gave me anti biotics and pain killers + had to go every 2 days for dressings. Ruined the holiday could not swim or walk to good.

I am still not healed yet got to go to Drs. at 1-00 oclock today

Looks like it will be next spring now before I get new raised beds going.  spf:-(  usf:-(  ss:-(

spuds

• Full Plot Cultivator
« Reply #2126 on: September 27, 2017, 03:17:20 PM »

ouch  ouch  what:-o
look after your self bud
Spuds (mick Ford)
is that the kettle I hear boiling
Newton Abbot Sunny Devon ( most times!)

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2127 on: September 27, 2017, 03:28:13 PM »

ouch  ouch  what:-o
look after your self bud

[/Thanks mate try not to do it again I do not recommend it.  thd-(size]

aftermidnight

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
    • Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #2128 on: September 27, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »

So sorry you are going through this, scalds hurt like blazes and can give you second or third degree burns if bured badly. You have to get the dressings changed regularly as they can really stink. When I scaled my hip I went to emergency where they put a burn dressing on me, they told me to come back in a week to have it changed. I had a cold at the time, after a couple of days I started to smell something off in the house, gave the fridge a good clean along with the house and I still got  wiffs of something off. Cold now on the way out I realized it was me that was stinking, rushed back to the emergency, when they took the bandage off, the smell just about knocked me over, the only good thing about this is the scald was healing nicely. They bandaged me up again, no stinky mess when I had that one removed. I really feel for you Dave not a nice thing to have to deal with.

Annette

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2129 on: September 27, 2017, 11:43:43 PM »

Sorry to hear about that Dave - what a horrible thing to happen to you. It never rains but pours doesn't it? Hope you get better soon - be careful you don't get it infected, it could be really nasty. Chin up mate!

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2130 on: September 28, 2017, 10:43:51 AM »

So sorry you are going through this, scalds hurt like blazes and can give you second or third degree burns if bured badly. You have to get the dressings changed regularly as they can really stink. When I scaled my hip I went to emergency where they put a burn dressing on me, they told me to come back in a week to have it changed. I had a cold at the time, after a couple of days I started to smell something off in the house, gave the fridge a good clean along with the house and I still got  wiffs of something off. Cold now on the way out I realized it was me that was stinking, rushed back to the emergency, when they took the bandage off, the smell just about knocked me over, the only good thing about this is the scald was healing nicely. They bandaged me up again, no stinky mess when I had that one removed. I really feel for you Dave not a nice thing to have to deal with.

Annette

[/Thanks Annette, yes bloody painful they are. I certainly will not do that again.
70% of it has healed now just my leg to heal now. size]

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2131 on: September 28, 2017, 10:47:16 AM »

Sorry to hear about that Dave - what a horrible thing to happen to you. It never rains but pours doesn't it? Hope you get better soon - be careful you don't get it infected, it could be really nasty. Chin up mate!
[/Thanks for that mate, always happens at the wrong time doesn't it.
I certainly will not do that again really buggered the plans up it has.
Never mind could have been worse.size]

aftermidnight

« Reply #2132 on: October 15, 2017, 08:35:15 PM »

My garden is winding down for the year, hubby picked the last "Diva" cucumbers, from 6 plants we harvested over 100 cucs since the beginning of July. They started off slow but then came on gangbusters, this is our new favorite cuc, good flavor, CRISP and it looks like one you don't even have to peel.
Harvest the last dried "Bob ad Mary" bean pods, thanks Galina, it's the only one I grew for seed this year. Also picked the last of Tommo's "Wild Cherry" tomatoes, it hasn't been a good tomato year but these little zingers outdid themselves.
Health issues have curtailed my gardening activities this year but I'm gearing up to having a better year in 2018, although I won't be growing as much as I usually do. Hubby keep everything watered while I was laid up, but the weeds had a hay-day.
My wonderful son-in-law came over yesterday and cleaned up my biggest bed that has laid fallow all year. This one I'm going to tarp over throughout the winter and leave it on all of the 2018 growing season and let the sun do it's thing  :).
I will be trying a new tomato next year, originally from a gal in Russia, it made it's way to a gal in the States and she just sent me some freshly harvested seed, they arrived here on Friday  ThU32:-).  It's called "Larisa's Russian Beauty", not a biggy, grows in clusters but  the picture I saw of it looks absolutely mouth watering. I'll be sending a few seeds to Tommo to try once he gets back from his gallivanting.

Annette

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2133 on: October 15, 2017, 11:19:08 PM »

I'm sorry to hear you've not been well Annette - are you better now? You take good care of yourself - you're one of the most precious members of the 'Shed'.

Doesn't shared interests shrink the world these days? Just twenty years ago and all this global swapping would have been out of the question without a lot of scribbling & air mail!

aftermidnight

« Reply #2134 on: October 16, 2017, 12:23:05 AM »

Gee, all I can say is I'm a lot better then I was, have my fingers crossed. When you go to Rob's he can fill you in on my latest battle. Watched a lot of TV this summer, it's a wonder I don't have square eyes lol(1).

Annette

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2135 on: October 16, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »

Square eyes you don't need to worry about - that'll soon get fixed when you switch the box off. It's your health that's the most important. You take good care of yourself & chin up Annette! Thinking of you all the time.

XK
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107]   Go Up