Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
  • Starting off the beans a different way this year. 5 1
Currently:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting off the beans a different way this year.  (Read 158 times)

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
Starting off the beans a different way this year.
« on: April 28, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »

This is my Jamie Oliver bean sprouting kit I had bought me for christmas here are some "Aduki Beans" Sprouting which you eat raw just as they are.
Well I am going to start the Aeron Purple Stars off this way and then put them into pots.
Will keep you posted on how they go.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:07:22 PM by Westheathdave »

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: Starting off the beans a different way this year.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 08:40:31 PM »

Oh thank goodness! I thought you were going to say you were going to eat my babies there for a moment!

I can't really see the advantage in starting the Aeron Purple Stars off that way Dave - it's not as if they're slow to germinate - to the contrary. They tend to germinate quicker than most varieties. In fact I would advise against your plan - there's no need to risk damaging tender roots & in fact they may get stinted. But it's up to you. Sprouting beans for cooking is not the same as germinating beans for growing.

Let Jamie Oliver stick to his apron - we can look after runner bean germination without him!! If I promise not to tell him how to cook his beansprouts then perhaps he can butt out when it comes to growing runners on the plot!  Grin2:-)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
Re: Starting off the beans a different way this year.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 08:47:51 PM »

mmmmmm May only try a few then was just curious to try it to see how they were doing them this way. Promise I will be gentle with your babies mate do not want to hurt them.  :-)snigger
Pages: [1]   Go Up