Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Many thanks King Tommy!  (Read 240 times)

Poppa Tommo

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Username: Robw349
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
Re: Many thanks King Tommy!
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 07:12:19 AM »

Very interesting, I think we are all singing from the same sheet.

I would depart from the last article saying you can use stainless steel, though. There are different grades of stainless steel and some are more ferric than others. I would keep well away from anything but glass or plastic just to be on the safe side.

Good luck with whatever you decide to use Scary but just remember one thing:

There is only one thing worse than planning nothing and that's doing nothing but planning.

Now get off your backside and get brewing!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

scary crow

• Global Moderator
Re: Many thanks King Tommy!
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 11:14:25 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well from what i have read on here i thought that to produce Kefir you had to buy or obtain from another producer kefir ''grains'' to be able to make kefir ...But today when mrs crow was looking through a old book we have here from the 1920,s for cake recipes i had a quick look for kefir and came across this .  KEPHIR discovered today theres several different ways to spell this ,.It says this is a form of fermented milk like KOUMISS to make fermented milk put boiled cows milk into strong pint bottles leaving a small part empty ,add a quarter ounce of white sugar and a small piece of yeast about the size of 2 peas to each bottle ..Cork wire and place the bottles on their sides ..Shake them every morning and evening .  The milk will be ready in a week ...No mention of ''grains'' can someone explain why this does not mention the use of grains  ? .

Think im gonna look into the water kefir Big Gee as you said  im not a big milk drinker  ThU5:-)  ..
Still dont answer my query Tommy or gee or who else may have ideas why does the above brew not use kefir grains as when i,ve read about kefir  it says you need to obtain a ''kefir starter ''..

Right off for a walk with the dogs while it aint raining .... HAGD :-) everyone  ThU:-)
ThU:-)LOOK CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DRAWINGS  ThU:-)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up