Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seedaholic  (Read 59 times)

lottieguy

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
Seedaholic
« on: August 26, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »

Hi Ya, Well lazy day so I decided to check my seeds for next year. I like seeds bit was suprised that I have managed to amass 137 packets of seed. Any one else suffer from this affliction? I still have to get seeds like parsnip but I can't resist buying if I see some thing that takes my interest. Happy Days

aftermidnight

• Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
Re: Seedaholic
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 09:35:03 PM »

Lottieguy, you may be a seedaholic, I'm a beanaholic. If you count the varieties of bean seed stored in the fridge, freezer and stowed in totes under a bed the numbers are approaching 260. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if the total didn't hit 300 before I'm finished. Of course I have a few other types of seed stored here and there but not counted  Grin2:-).

Annette

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 12:31:44 AM »

It's a strange and very common problem amongst gardeners - seed addiction. You can't pass a display of seed packets without buying some - even though you may have half a dozen packets at home. I'm exactly the same, and I fear it's catching. HI has started stockpiling Livinstone Daisy and Night Scented stock seed packets!  
spf:-(
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Poppa Tommo

• Username: Robw349
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 08:27:35 AM »

Ahh yes, all those seeds, all those lovely little packets full of hope....I can't resist them either. It's something that epitomises the optimist in every gardener.

What makes it worse right now is that our local favourite and long, long established seedsman, Tuckers Seeds, are discontinuing producing their own brand packets in favour of selling a more commerciall brand. Hence the big Tuckers Seed Sell Off. All their own brand seeds are 50p a packet, regardless of original price.

Sadly, the end of another independent seeds merchants.

I feel like I'm feasting at two banquets. Biscuit tins overflowing. Vac packer in action and freezers on standby. And at the other banquet, a funereal wake.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 03:13:42 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

. . . . I feel like I'm feasting at two banquets. Biscuit tins overflowing. Vac packer in action and freezers on standby. And at the other banquet, a funereal wake.

How poetically put and so very, very true Tommo. Sad isn't it?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pages: [1]   Go Up