Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monhly 'To Dos' for July  (Read 115 times)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Monhly 'To Dos' for July
« on: July 02, 2017, 01:01:16 PM »

Summer is marching on! July in Welsh is: 'Gorffennaf' (gorffen haf) , which translates into English as 'End of Summer' - there's a clue there. It's a gradual slide down towards autumn from here - although not yet noticeable - the days are quietly getting shorter again since the summer solstice in June.

I know it sounds a bit depressing, but don't worry, plenty of long hazy days left before the chill sets in around September. A full two months in fact, so enjoy!

Here is your suggested 'To Do' list for this month. It's a nice little guide for the newer gardeners in our ranks.    ThU5:-)

Go to the 'to do' page on the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginweb-site by clicking
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Lottylady

• Full Plot Cultivator
Re: Monhly 'To Dos' for July
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »

Thanx Big Gee....battling the weeds got one a bit like strawberries.....lots of runners but with smaller leaves and no fruit what so ever........its a pest....hoeing it doesn't stop it.

Already Im thinking roll on autumn then I can really weed and start again.....

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: Monhly 'To Dos' for July
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 11:13:25 AM »

It can get a bit daunting when it comes to weeds at this time of the year - but you'll win in the end I'm sure Lottylady!  Grin2:-)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pages: [1]   Go Up