Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 66 times)

lottieguy

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
Hello
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:19:58 AM »

Hi Ya, well had a bit of a trying time. Been looking in every now and again but due to my father passing away suddenly, having to sort out his house and finaces, find my mother a care home, deal with funeral, then solicitors and endless paperwork to go to london for assessing its been a very trying time. Still hopefully will be here more now. My lottie is a mess as my father lived 300 miles away so to and froing has left me so far behind this year may well be a right off.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:02:44 PM »

You have my heartfelt sympathy Lottieguy. Welcome to my world.

My sister died last February and I got lumbered with being an Executor of her Will & Trustee of her Estate. No problem if you just plonk everything in the lap of a solicitor and sit back, waiting for the 169/ hour bill to come in at the end of it! That goes against the grain with me, so I took the full job on myself, and believe me it IS a full time job at times, very stressful & time consuming. However I'm in the final furlong, but wouldn't advise anyone to do the same, unless they know what they're doing and have spare time on their hands.

Just prior to that my mother got admitted to a Nursing Home. With all the Lasting Power of Attorney shit to start with, you then have a perpetual conveyor belt of things you have to attend to once you take over responsibility. It sucks the life out of you and turns you into a time deprived zombie!!

Getting older and having these things land on your shoulders is a real burden. I've also had to put my own things on the back burner. It's not fair really, it's like winning a booby prize at the local village fete. My sister never had to do this for anyone, and my mother never did either. I wonder who'll do it when I pop my clogs or go into a home? Nobody I expect!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

lottieguy

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:34:31 AM »

Hi Ya, with you all the way BG, it is a real ball ache. I'm sure they take great delight in making things as awkward as they can. I did have a go at the solicitor as they told me to do this and that, I got it done they then said now we (me) needs to do this. Well I flashed as I had to go back where I had just been for 2 hours to see the same people so I wanted to know why they had not told me before. It slipped our mind, oh did it well make sure that is reflected in the bill then. Some things they ask I am wondering what the hell has that to do with the problem. we are now waiting for who ever they are in London now to grant power and oversight etc but I am sure you know the drill. You work all you life, save hard, go without and scrimp to buy your own house they then screw you over. GGGGRRRRR. If only I knew years ago what I know now things would be different. Keep Smiling
Pages: [1]   Go Up