Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PROVEN! Trees Communicate.  (Read 243 times)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
PROVEN! Trees Communicate.
« on: October 15, 2016, 11:32:34 PM »

We have this nasty little habit of poo-pooing things that we don't understand. Tell someone that plants communicate, or that you can influence them by talking to them, and you're likely to be labelled a 'nut job' for the remainder of your days, or you'll get laughed at and ridiculed.

Well check out these video clips and ask yourself who's laughing now? Ignorance is the enemy of enlightenment. Thank goodness for more enlightened people like Suzanne Simard, who can teach us a thing or two about our stupidity!

<object width="640" height="385"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSGPNm3bFmQ&fs=1&start="></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSGPNm3bFmQ&fs=1&start=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EdaIcKG3Zms&fs=1&start="></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EdaIcKG3Zms&fs=1&start=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

These are things that were known to forest dwelling people of south America, and other (so called) 'primitive' people the world over for thousands of years, only for their knowledge to be ridiculed and belittled by the white European colonisers and settlers. These ancient cultures understood how all life on earth worked, and never destroyed it wantonly or ever exploited it. They treated it with respect. Possibly all particles in the universe may be interconnected at a quantum level, but that is also hard for the arrogant ignoramuses to swallow.

Nice one "civilisation" - shall we share out the dunce caps now or later?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Poppa Tommo

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Username: Robw349
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
Re: PROVEN! Trees Communicate.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 08:32:00 AM »

I posted sometime back about a book I read many, many years ago.

The Secret Life of Plants.

This opened my mind to endless possibilities in the world of nature. I still, whole heartedly recommend it. I wouldn't mind betting that Suzanne Simmard has read it. Well here is a link to it -again.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: PROVEN! Trees Communicate.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »

I remember reading your original post Tommo. It's all very fascinating. It also goes a long way to understanding the theory that every atom in the universe (or universes) are somehow inexplicably linked and communicate at unknown levels. With advances in quantum physics research, we are only just beginning to discover and quantify what ancients had observed over the millennia.

The older I get the more I realise how ignorant we've all been when it comes to these things. Indeed how blind and cynical I've been myself when dismissing the wisdoms of ancient cultures who undoubtedly were far more in tune with their environment than we 'modern man' are. It's so easy to poo-poo things and put it down to myth, folklore or superstition.

I've been reading about the effects of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - absolutely amazing, especially the lasting effects it has and how it can permanently change people's view of their life. Shamans or medicine men take You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to communicate with nature or to see what is causing a patientís illness on a spiritual level. In Brazil several religions can be found that pivot around gatherings where ayahuasca is taken by all participants. Drinking You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and singing together takes them into a healing and inspiring kind of trance.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pages: [1]   Go Up