Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kefir grains needed urgently!  (Read 250 times)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Kefir grains needed urgently!
« on: April 26, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »

HELP! My Kefir grains have become contaminated and I've had to throw them away (some 'nasty' has got in there and they've turned a disgusting smell - not good)  spf:-(

In the absence of Tommo - who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth (I hope he's OK) I'm stumped. I've tried sending him PMs, e-mails & phoned him, but nothing. He's the main man for Kefir grains on here, so in his absence can ANYONE help me out please?

If you've got some to spare, can you PM me & I'll give you my address - I'll pay for the postage. Thanks  ThU5:-)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Poppa Tommo

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Username: Robw349
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
Re: Kefir grains needed urgently!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 07:49:19 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
HELP! My Kefir grains have become contaminated and I've had to throw them away (some 'nasty' has got in there and they've turned a disgusting smell - not good)  spf:-(

In the absence of Tommo - who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth (I hope he's OK) I'm stumped. I've tried sending him PMs, e-mails & phoned him, but nothing. He's the main man for Kefir grains on here, so in his absence can ANYONE help me out please?

If you've got some to spare, can you PM me & I'll give you my address - I'll pay for the postage. Thanks  ThU5:-)

Having come, eventually, to the rescue...how are the new grains coming on? I can separate again if you need me to.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 01:14:07 AM »

Funny you should mention it Tommo. The last lot you sent me got snaffled by No.3 son! He's suddenly gone into fermented foods in a big way, and his eyes lit up when he saw my shiny new grains, so being the big hearted dad that I am - I gave him he ones you sent me, after extracting a promise at he would pay me back when he split that batch - haven't got them yet though  spf:-(

Children will always be children won't they? So I'm getting a gut feeling that it was a case of sometime this side of never! Not that I'm an Indian Giver, but now I'm still 'kefirless'. So a few grains more wouldn't go amiss Pappa Tommo!

Thanks mate  ThU5:-)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Poppa Tommo

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Username: Robw349
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 11:10:36 PM »

No problem old fella.....they will be in the post first thing Tuesday. Will they be passing a few APS on the way up to yours???
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 01:38:35 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No problem old fella.....they will be in the post first thing Tuesday. Will they be passing a few APS on the way up to yours???

Yep, all packed up in one of the famous little white Jiffy bags & ready for posting Tuesday morning. They should fly past each other sometime on Tuesday evening!

Thanks ol' friend!  :-)=
Pages: [1]   Go Up