Author Topic: The WEATHER where you are TODAY  (Read 29075 times)

Offline Jasonofaskwiff

• ¼ Plot Cultivator
Re: The WEATHER where you are TODAY
« Reply #2040 on: January 21, 2018, 08:26:53 PM »
Yes same in london got my beans the other day (cheers big gee) so thought I'd brave the rain with a promise of a break in the rain & it only stopped to snow hay ho good time to get things cleaned & sorted but wanted to start to build some sort of cage to isolate the APS any tips on how do I need to build a big cage  or ?? I really don't know as never isolated before some pics would be good if you guys have any cheers all

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
« Reply #2041 on: January 24, 2018, 05:04:46 PM »
Over night and this morning it was raining cats & dogs +very windy with it.

All gone now quite bright and dry Temp 6Degs and getting warmer tomorrow the weather man said.

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2042 on: January 25, 2018, 06:22:02 PM »
Dry this morning but a chilly wind. Variable amounts of cloud passing quickly overhead.
Nice till 15-00 hrs when the heavens opened up and we had a big downpour for nearly an hour. then cleared again.

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2043 on: January 29, 2018, 10:39:33 PM »
Been too wet here to do anything on plot walked over to the plot on sunday to dig some celeriac ground everywhere is saturated everyday we seem to get some rain be glad when it starts to dry out think that will not be for a while as febuary is normally a bad month for us .. will have to keep the pencils sharpened and do a few drawings only done a few this winter normally done loads by now ..

Offline lottieguy

• Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
« Reply #2044 on: February 05, 2018, 09:05:54 AM »
Hi Ya, What a change in the weather. I am getting fed up now as the weather can't make it's mind up. It has been quite mild and a hint spring may be on the way early. Down with a bump today below freezing here and snow early and settling. The temperatures are falling and we are in for a very cold week apparently. Glad I didn't sow any seeds yet. Wrap up warm all.

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2045 on: February 08, 2018, 01:31:27 PM »
Looks like we going to be in for a very cold Feb. this year according to the weather men.

So no early start for doing anything outside  ss:-(   spf:-(

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2046 on: February 08, 2018, 08:15:00 PM »
Looks like we going to be in for a very cold Feb. this year according to the weather men.

So no early start for doing anything outside  ss:-(   spf:-(

Not just the cold being a problem for doing anything outside Dave the constant wet weather aint good either the fields around us have big puddles forming all over them and everywhere muddy ... Think feb and march can be very cold months it tried to snow here tuesday evening luckily it dident last too long .

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2047 on: February 09, 2018, 03:02:00 PM »
Well this morning we had a raging blizzard for about an hour.

Nice now behind glass but raw when you out bitterly cold roll on the summer.  usf:-(

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2048 on: February 19, 2018, 01:03:15 PM »
I don't think spring is on it's way just yet, according to the weather man it is set to get MUCH COLDER NEXT WEEK IT WILL BE COMING FROM RUSSIA  brrrrrrr

Disappointing I know but that's the English weather for you.

usf:-(

Offline aftermidnight

• Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #2049 on: February 19, 2018, 02:54:40 PM »
Well!!! here I was thinking we were going to get through another winter without much snow, we only had a dusting in December that was gone the next day. Yesterday we woke up to 8" of the %$^%$# stuff that fell sometime between midnight and 6am. That puts any garden leanup on hold for awhile.

Annette

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2050 on: February 19, 2018, 03:40:07 PM »
Well!!! here I was thinking we were going to get through another winter without much snow, we only had a dusting in December that was gone the next day. Yesterday we woke up to 8" of the %$^%$# stuff that fell sometime between midnight and 6am. That puts any garden leanup on hold for awhile.

Annette

Oh dear looks like you got it much worse than we have   usf:-(

Not a lot any of us can do about the weather only moan

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2051 on: February 19, 2018, 08:37:50 PM »
Quiet a few people thought that spring was on it,s way after the weather we had at the weekend  we still have the worse to come i think and as you have said Dave the cold weather is coming back this week with a chance of snow ..

Offline lottieguy

« Reply #2052 on: February 26, 2018, 09:12:18 AM »
Hi Ya, Well we are getting it now. The beast from the east has descended and it is bitterly cold and the snow has just started to fall, just flurries currently but more on the way and very low siberian tempratures forecast. Keep warm all

Offline aftermidnight

« Reply #2053 on: February 26, 2018, 04:07:23 PM »
Well I don't know what today will bring but yesterday we had hail off and on all afternoon. This is a new thing, we don't usually have hail until April, just after the lettuce is up and looking good, then it gets shredded by the hail and you have to plant again. Still have some snow on the ground but it's slowly melting.

Annette

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2054 on: February 26, 2018, 10:22:32 PM »
Freezing cold here been trying to snow on and off all day dont think it will be long and we will have a good coating of it not looking too good all week from what the weathermen are saying ..  Keep warm and safe people ..

Offline lottieguy

« Reply #2055 on: February 28, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
Hi Ya, Well we have been hit big time 4", 10 cm's of snow and it's still falling. The temperature dropped to -6 overnight and that coupled with the wind, a lazy one that won't go round, feels like -12. Still my plot looks as tidy and neat as every one else's. I saw some planting stuff in the mild spell a couple of week end's ago. Hope they get though ok. The drive to work was exciting but it annoys me how many don't drive to the conditions and like the roads are clear, W-------. Forgive my expletetive. Take care all.

Offline lottieguy

« Reply #2056 on: February 28, 2018, 12:32:35 PM »
Hi Ya, In one month, what a contrast, mid feb I considered sowing seeds. Glad I didn't. 10 days what a difference
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:45:45 PM by lottieguy »

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2057 on: February 28, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »
Much the same here been snowing all day wind making it much worse when your walking in it ..  I wouldent even think about sowing anything here until at least the end of march or the second week of april  the only thing i have been doing is drawing in the comfort of a warm house with a cuppa ... Keep warm and safe everyone ..

Offline aftermidnight

« Reply #2058 on: February 28, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »
I was given a few seeds of the New Yorker tomato so put them on to sprout, so far two have sprouted and are now in pots. This variety is supposed to be cold tolerant which should do well if we have a cool spring and not overly hot summer again this year. Haven't had a decent crop of tomatoes for the last two years. The year before, hot summer and we had tomatoes coming so fast and furious we were giving them away.
Snow is gone but it's a dismal looking day out there, looks like another day in the house, I need the sun to get my get up and go going  bore:-).

Annette

Offline lottieguy

« Reply #2059 on: March 20, 2018, 07:42:40 AM »
Hi Ya, Well I have had my fill of this horrible cold weather. I have got my spuds out chitting but nothing else on the go yet. Hopefully we are over the worst and can get going. I still need to prepare the ground, it won't take to long but it will be all of rush and more cold weather forecast till mid April and today is the spring equinox. Brrrrr, hope it warms up soon. Good luck all