Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The WEATHER where you are TODAY  (Read 14235 times)

Poppa Tommo

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Username: Robw349
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
Re: The WEATHER where you are TODAY
« Reply #1960 on: May 17, 2017, 11:00:28 PM »

East for west, maybe, but the south-west continues its reputation for mild and wet. It's been pouring down all day long.  Now that should put some colour in the grass.

Good to see you back in the shed, Gee. Looking forward to seeing the pic's of your allotment rescuing 'holiday'
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #1961 on: May 18, 2017, 10:07:05 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Good to see you back in the shed, Gee. Looking forward to seeing the pic's of your allotment rescuing 'holiday'

Thanks mate. A fabulous sunny day here again today. I'm sure you won't mind pressing your wellies into action, in that famously wet and mild chunk of England that you stole from us - see - you can tell it's part of the Land of Song by the character of your weather. Now that other southern & easterly bit of England has typically English weather!!!!

With all that greenery in Zunny Deb'n after all the rain you've been blessed with, you could be excused for sometimes mistaking which side of the border you're on!!!!
  CW ;-)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

lottieguy

• Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
« Reply #1962 on: May 19, 2017, 06:15:57 AM »

Hi Ya, WOW, need rain, we did but it can calm down now, nearly 2" in last 24hrs, we said we wanted rain but it can slow down a bit now but more on the way today. Weeds on the plot have shot away pity about the plants, will be planting out this week end and getting busy. I hear there has been frost in places and this late in May. Happy Gardening

Poppa Tommo

« Reply #1963 on: May 19, 2017, 11:29:58 PM »

Not quite frost down here but I've still tucked up the 'soft' stuff in the greenhouse for the night. Better temperatures are heading this way for the rest of May.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1964 on: May 21, 2017, 08:18:42 AM »

Another glorious Sunday morning on the west coast! At this rate WE'LL be begging for some rain! Hard to believe isn't it?  Grin2:-)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1965 on: May 24, 2017, 08:20:58 PM »

CThUpD:-) Yesterday and today absolute scorcher 25 degs in the house now sun very strong today.
Will have to get to plot very early in the morning toooo hot in the afternoons now  usf:-(

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1966 on: May 25, 2017, 10:08:50 AM »

Sea mist here yesterday & the day before. We're basking in glorious sunshine today though. A need for rain is increasing as everywhere is becoming very dry. The mist helped, but it's not as good as rain. Possible thunderstorms forecast for the weekend though. If it comes it should really brighten things up!

aftermidnight

• Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #1967 on: May 25, 2017, 06:26:00 PM »

Spring has finally sprung here, it's been a long time coming,  The only thing is I actually have to drag the hose around now. There's still a good snow pack in the mountains so there won't be too harsh water restrictions imposed on us this summer,  Plants are actually starting to put on some real growth now. Time to fertilize the tomatoes and cucs  :).

Annette

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1968 on: May 29, 2017, 03:13:22 PM »

Absolutely bucketing down here at the mo. Much needed in some places not needed on a bank holiday tho but NOT a lot we can do about that  RedFaced:-(

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1969 on: May 29, 2017, 03:27:33 PM »

Overcast & humid here, but DRY - suits me fine as I'm in bib 'n brace painting mode! Not my favourite job, that's why HI does the bulk of it - she's a peach when it comes to rollers, brushes & pressure washers!!

All the walls painted, the concrete cills done in matt black, the garage door done and the next task is the windows. Looking good, another couple of days should see it through - thank God! The big bonus is the 1,200 - 1,500 saved by not getting painters and decorators in.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1970 on: July 17, 2017, 04:37:36 PM »

It's absolutely sweltering here today. We've had a mixture of fine rain and hot sunshine for the last week. Beloved sowed some night scented stock seeds in a trough - they were up in THREE days!

Just noticed the last weather report on this board was in May. Everyone gone away or have you all gone shy all of a sudden? Getting loads of visitors, but no posters. Have I done something to offend you all? I can't remember saying anything.

spuds

• Full Plot Cultivator
« Reply #1971 on: July 21, 2017, 08:45:12 AM »

liquid sunshine in a abundance today ( must be start of school holidays )   
Spuds (mick Ford)
is that the kettle I hear boiling
Newton Abbot Sunny Devon ( most times!)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1972 on: July 21, 2017, 08:10:03 PM »

Pretty much the same here Spuds - barrelfulls of it today! And yes - you're quite right, the school holidays started here today too.

Poppa Tommo

« Reply #1973 on: July 22, 2017, 05:36:26 PM »

And been hammering down in zunny Cred' too. But, as we speak here comes the silver lining of a few warm rays.

Talking of silver linings (notice the slick little segue there), I have been really lucky to acquire 17 x 365plugs in trays of winter pansies/violas at a ridiculous price. Cant give to much info away as  you never know who's watching. All legal like. Ask spuds - I gave him about a trayful of them (oh yes Mick - I do need the trays back when you've finished with them).

Back to the silver lining. Becaue of all these plugs I needed to go to our local supplier to pick up some bags of compost. I didn't want to go because of the filthy weather - Absolutely Pissing Down it was so I jumped out of the car, opened up the back and said to the bloke "put a dozen bags of Hortons Compost in there mate", and I ducked under cover out of the rain.

He duly loaded them up, produced the payment docket for me to take to the window on the way out to pay.

Back home, still raining like hell, I dragged them out of the car onto the car park....got to number 12 and there was still one in the car. And there was the silver lining. The chap who loaded it was obviously a baker in a previous life.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1974 on: July 22, 2017, 09:40:44 PM »

Hot periods here today, but one VERY sharp shower - for which the hanging baskets and pots were not pleased! Flower petals, and whole flowers everywhere on the ground. they'll soon recover though.

Liked your 'silver lining' tale Tommo. Nice to get days like that sometimes - they don't come around very often.

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1975 on: July 25, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »

CThUpD:-)  Looking nice today should be dry and warm for my builders laying footings. Not looking so good for tomorrow rain forecast  usf:-(

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1976 on: July 25, 2017, 12:34:17 PM »

Another lovely summer's day here too on the west coast.

You'd better get some plastic sheeting ready Dave, because it ain't looking good for wet concrete tomorrow!  spf:-(

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1977 on: July 25, 2017, 07:36:28 PM »

CThUpD:-)  Been alovely day here again BUT it has just started to rain only very light though some a bit heavier expected tomorrow morning clearing in the afternoon.

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1978 on: August 07, 2017, 08:47:07 PM »

spf:-(  Bloody awful weather for August cloudy and dull for the last 4 days + rain we have had and more forecast at least until Wed.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1979 on: August 09, 2017, 12:10:28 AM »

August has a habit of doing that sometimes - right in the middle of school hols!

I can't complain, just came home from my wanderings up the Wirral. Beautiful up there all over the weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101   Go Up