Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100   Go Down

Author Topic: The WEATHER where you are TODAY  (Read 12844 times)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: The WEATHER where you are TODAY
« Reply #1940 on: April 18, 2017, 11:34:47 PM »

We can spare a bucketfull or two for you. Everyone here waiting for the soil to dry and warm up!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

lottieguy

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
« Reply #1941 on: April 20, 2017, 03:11:20 PM »

Hi Ya, glad to hear we are not the only ones suffering Scary, they have forecast rain for the weekend, typical, still we will be happy as long as its not a downpour but gentle for three or more hours to let it soak in, happy gardening

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1942 on: April 20, 2017, 08:27:52 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Ya, glad to hear we are not the only ones suffering Scary, they have forecast rain for the weekend, typical, still we will be happy as long as its not a downpour but gentle for three or more hours to let it soak in, happy gardening

Yes agree there Lottieguy nice and gentle for a few hours overnight    what:-{  [ Oh that sounds like entertainment the wife would like]    lol(1)  RedFaced:-(  ..    Driest april i,ve ever known here soil here as dry as a witches titty ..
ThU:-)LOOK CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DRAWINGS  ThU:-)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1943 on: April 20, 2017, 11:22:12 PM »

All the witches here must be lactating then! Although it's been nice for the last few days. Flat calm sea - like a mill pond.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1944 on: April 24, 2017, 08:28:52 PM »

Weather going backwards here it,s getting colder had a little drizzle this morning and the weathermans saying frost tonight and tomorrow we are looking at rain showers and another frosty night not looking good for the plot it,s almost the end of april and today it felt like november in the cold wind .

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1945 on: April 25, 2017, 02:02:05 PM »

Very windy all night here with hailstones at times. Bright sunny day today but deceptively cold. More like late autumn than late spring!

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1946 on: April 25, 2017, 06:08:59 PM »

Very windy all night here with hailstones at times. Bright sunny day today but deceptively cold. More like late autumn than late spring!

Sunny spells here today skies darkened a few times and hailstones followed by rain also very windy ...............

lottieguy

« Reply #1947 on: April 26, 2017, 11:02:48 AM »

Hi Ya, very cold here and breezy, had a little bit of rain but not much to soak in. It seems to have missed us though Norfolk way and the east coast had snow by all accounts. Hopefully it will warm up by the weekend as I have Friday off I would like to get on the plot. Here's hoping. The lawn needs cutting again and I heard on the telly that due to climate change the lawns are growing out of season and needing cutting earlier in the spring and later in Autumn. I think it is here anyway how about the rest of you? Oh for some warm weather as it all seems out of kilter at the moment. Happy gardening (if you can)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1948 on: April 27, 2017, 12:26:25 AM »

Gorgeous, clear, blue skies & wall to wall sunshine here. The breeze was a bit nippy today, but not particularly cold.

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1949 on: April 27, 2017, 08:55:07 AM »

Morning all nice and sunny here BUT much colder than it looks we have had frost the last 2 nights but last night was 3 degs just above the frost line.

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1950 on: April 27, 2017, 08:27:33 PM »

Showers on and off all day here had to wear big coat to take the dogs for a walk .. And at the moment pouring down with rain looks like it,s here for the evening ....

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1951 on: April 27, 2017, 08:41:50 PM »

Same as yesterday here but with a bigger BRRRR factor! No rain though.

lottieguy

« Reply #1952 on: May 10, 2017, 03:20:28 PM »

Hi Ya, apologies for not being around but circumstances have dictated otherwise. Anyway the weather here the past few days has been cloudy an chilly, but yesterday the sun shone in the afternoon and last night a sharp frost. What is going on? still no rain though forecast for later in the week. Sun shine today and warmer, almost spring like. It see,ms listening to the news the so called drought is all over the country. I have been holding back for rain so am so far behind with sowing carrots, snips etc it will be a late smaller crop I expect. Hey ho at least this year I haven't been to eager and sowed early. perhaps I'm learning after all this time :) LOL. happy gardening all

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1953 on: May 10, 2017, 07:41:18 PM »

Hi Ya, apologies for not being around but circumstances have dictated otherwise. Anyway the weather here the past few days has been cloudy an chilly, but yesterday the sun shone in the afternoon and last night a sharp frost. What is going on? still no rain though forecast for later in the week. Sun shine today and warmer, almost spring like. It see,ms listening to the news the so called drought is all over the country. I have been holding back for rain so am so far behind with sowing carrots, snips etc it will be a late smaller crop I expect. Hey ho at least this year I haven't been to eager and sowed early. perhaps I'm learning after all this time :) LOL. happy gardening all

Been much the same here regarding the weather Lottieguy sunny today and there saying warmer tomorrow with maybe a risk of a shower and rain friday possibly heavy with thunderstorms .. We too have been holding back with sowing but we are thinking if we leave it too late things may not come good enough to provide a decent crop ..

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1954 on: May 10, 2017, 08:11:42 PM »

CThUpD:-) Been a gorgeous day here brilliant wall to wall sunshine been at plot 5 and a half hours today just digging weeds out.
Plot is bone dry used 10 watering cans of water to water my strawberries mind you rain is forecast for tomorrow night and Friday heavy with thunder to will have to wait and see if it happens.

lottieguy

« Reply #1955 on: May 11, 2017, 02:07:20 PM »

Hi Ya, Rain forecast for tonight and early Friday. Could be thundery but will tend to be more westerly. We are in the driest part of the country they say and we are feeling it here, I bet it misses us and no rain. Fingers crossed that the week end could be busy. Don't mind missing the thunder as it upsets the dogs but some rain would be most welcome. Happy Gardening

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1956 on: May 11, 2017, 08:07:32 PM »

From what i,ve just seen on the weather forecast on tv looks like we are in the firing line  for tomorrows downpour looks like it,s going to be at it,s worse in the afternoon ...

lottieguy

« Reply #1957 on: May 12, 2017, 09:11:48 AM »

Hi Ya, Well OH got up this morning and said it's been raining. Yahoo thinks I, all we have had is a bit of drizzle not even enough to show on my rain gauge, just and I mean just enough to settle the dust. They say we may get some showers this PM but it will be hit and miss. Lets hope its a hit as usually when they say that its a miss. I bet if it does it will be all at once and as the ground is so dry will just run with no time to soak in. Never happy us gardeners are we  lol(1). Good luck all

lottieguy

« Reply #1958 on: May 17, 2017, 08:07:55 AM »

Hi Ya, yahoo we got rain overnight, just as predicted 1/2" and it's still going. There is more heavy rain forecast for later today and flooding expected. Typical more than we can handle still the ground will benifit and we can get going. Good news at last

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1959 on: May 17, 2017, 10:02:22 PM »

Hi Ya, yahoo we got rain overnight, just as predicted 1/2" and it's still going. There is more heavy rain forecast for later today and flooding expected. Typical more than we can handle still the ground will benifit and we can get going. Good news at last

Believe it or not - not a drop here on the west coast! Isn't that a turn up for the books! Been a lovely sunny day, we had a bit of drizzle yesterday for an hour or so, but it was a gnat's wee in the ocean. It seems someone has swapped east for west  :-)snigger
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100   Go Up