Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99   Go Down

Author Topic: The WEATHER where you are TODAY  (Read 10150 times)

scary crow

• Global Moderator
Re: The WEATHER where you are TODAY
« Reply #1920 on: March 14, 2017, 10:13:53 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Scary, the medics answer to autoimmune system problems is to kill your immune system (with shit provided by Big Pharma for whom most doctors are sales reps). They put me on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - because Behçet's disease is also an autoimmune disorder, where the body's immune system attacks the body's own cells. I weaned myself off the poison before it killed me!

A malfunctioning immune system doesn't need to be dampened down, it needs to be adjusted. The problem is that deficiencies in our immune systems (usually associated with leaky gut syndrome)  is caused by the wrong (bad) bacteria leaking into our bloodstream, which causes the immune system to react - which is what it's designed to do. The trick is to CORRECT your body's natural balance of good and bad bacteria and gut flora.

That's where kefir and kombucha come into play. I can tell you from experience, as a Behçet's disease sufferer, that the most beneficial treatment I've had for my condition is kombucha. Are you still brewing it? Kefir is also a magical helper when it comes to immune system disorders - whatever they are.

Kefir & kombucha don't make your immune system more aggressive, they help make it behave normally - as it should.

Luckily i have a specalist who doesent want to kill my immune system and by placing me on Methotrexate he is using it to adjust my immunity it is not just a doctor giving me a box full of blister pack pills and a case of take these untill you runout like most ..  I have been weaned onto these pills at first taking 2 and having blood tests to adjust the dose if need be im now on 4 and am still having regular blood tests done to see the affect they are having on me and wether they need to be increased ..Theres talk of developing skin cancer but to be honest im a prime candicate for that with the way my skin has been behaving and it also keeps getting really badly infected and was struggling last year to get antibiotics that could control it    This problem all started with me working with cars and the diesiel affected my skin and that was in 1997 since then it has worsened and now i have devoloped something called  Chronic actinic dermatitis ........... What is chronic actinic dermatitis?

The term ‘chronic actinic dermatitis’ or “CAD” is used to describe a particularly severe form of eczema in which sensitivity to light is the main feature (photosensitivity). CAD is chronic, that is to say it typically persists for a number of years. ‘Actinic’ means “caused by sun” and ‘dermatitis’ (which is another term for eczema) means itchy inflammation of the skin.

What causes CAD?

People with CAD are very sensitive to sunlight. This causes an eczema-like reaction and can happen after as little as 30 seconds of exposure. It often only affects the areas of skin which are directly exposed to the light, and is usually worse in the summer when sunlight is strongest. There can be a delay between the sun exposure and the skin change of several days, so people may not realise that the two are linked. It is not clear exactly why certain people develop this reaction to sunlight. It may be that this is an allergy that is triggered only when light comes into contact with skin.

Other points about CAD:

It is more common in men than women
    It usually starts after the age of 50
    It may occasionally occur in younger patients with atopic dermatitis
    It is also associated with a skin allergy to substances other than sunlight in 75% of cases
    It can affect any racial group
    It is more common in countries away from the equator

Is CAD hereditary?

No.

What are the symptoms of CAD?

Often the first thing that people with CAD notice is redness or inflammation of the face and hands which can be patchy or general. This may not cause any other symptoms but some may have itching and burning. Others may have swelling, small blisters or scaling and peeling of the skin.

What does CAD look like?

The skin changes are often strikingly limited to sun-exposed areas such as the face, ears, scalp, ‘V’ shaped area of the neck and the chest, forearms and backs of hands. There can be sharp cut-off lines where covered areas meet sun-exposed skin. After some time, the skin becomes thickened, dry and scaly. These changes may persist throughout the winter months but tend to be more severe in the summer. Skin pigmentation may develop, which can be particularly striking in darker skin types.

How can CAD be diagnosed?

Patients with CAD tend to have severe skin disease and are usually referred to their local dermatology service. If the dermatologist suspects CAD they will usually refer the person for light testing.

Phototesting

In order to confirm the diagnosis of CAD light testing is carried out. This painless test involves exposing sun-protected skin on the back to a range of different doses of ultraviolet rays of types A and B, and also to visible light. These tests usually reveal significant photosensitivity to one or more of the wavelengths of these types of light. This helps to establish the diagnosis and may also be useful when planning how best to protect the skin from the activating wavelengths.

Patch testing

Most patients with CAD also have an additional investigation called “patch testing” to see if they are allergic to any chemicals that come into contact with the skin. These chemicals include fragrances, plants, preservatives in creams and even the ingredients in sunscreens. Allergy to a chemical is characterised by a red, spotty skin response under the patch test tape. (For more information see Patch Testing leaflet.)

Can CAD be cured?

No, there is no cure for CAD and many patients with CAD remain sensitive to the sun for several years. About 10-20% of patients will find the problem goes away by itself after a number of years. However, there are measures that can be done to relieve the symptoms of this condition and lessen the effect of light.

Self Care (What can I do?):

Photoprotection

The most important thing to do is to protect the skin from the sun, even on dull days. This can be done by staying indoors, particularly when the sun is at its brightest (between 11am and 3pm). It is also essential to cover the skin as much as possible when outside. Clothing is good at blocking the sun’s rays. Some people use hoods, hats, visors and cotton gloves. Protecting the skin from the sun may improve the condition and may stop it worsening..............................................................................

Cannot carry on like i have been with a face that looked like this and my own niece even reconized me  been brewing and drinking brew the past few years never got any better so willing to try the pills ..
ThU:-)LOOK CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DRAWINGS  ThU:-)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #1921 on: March 14, 2017, 11:50:09 PM »

You poor thing - that DOES look painful and nasty. I hope you get some relief as time passes. I feel for you.

I guess when things get that bad we all get desperate and will try anything for relief. It's not something that goes away overnight is it.

Still, no problem for you on Friday if you're out and about - it's going to piddle down apparently! Joking apart, you take care, and keep an eagle eye on any side effects from that Methotrexate.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1922 on: March 15, 2017, 12:51:08 AM »

You poor thing - that DOES look painful and nasty. I hope you get some relief as time passes. I feel for you.

I guess when things get that bad we all get desperate and will try anything for relief. It's not something that goes away overnight is it.

Still, no problem for you on Friday if you're out and about - it's going to piddle down apparently! Joking apart, you take care, and keep an eagle eye on any side effects from that Methotrexate.

Yes had to try something new i was beginning to rattle with steroids and was having to keep increasing the dosage .. Feel ok on this new medication going to try it for this year and see if it,s going to benefit me and yes eagle eyed with the possible side effects and have a great nurse that phones me weekly and i have her number if i have any questions or concerns .. Hope it dont rain looking forward to getting plot finished and jens itching to get the rotovator out for a spin around the plot .. ThU32:-)  Hope your well as well as you can be with all your problems must get together for a chat soon take care ..

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1923 on: March 17, 2017, 10:06:48 PM »

spf:-( What a lousy day today windy cold and wet. What a difference from Wednesday which was beautifull 16 degs max and wall to wall sunshine all day it was.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1924 on: March 17, 2017, 11:13:38 PM »

It's blowing a hoolie here tonight. It's also piddled down since mid afternoon - in fact if it keeps up overnight it could flood.  spf:-(
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1925 on: March 18, 2017, 09:51:23 PM »

A dull overcast day here today it,s tried to rain here a few times today but just little sprinkles of rain .. Think we are to expect unsettled weather for the next few days .

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1926 on: March 21, 2017, 10:53:02 AM »

CThUpD:-) What a difference a day makes yesterday it peed down most of the day and windy with it. To day is gorgeous not a cloud in the sky first thing glorious sunshine from the word go. A little bit of cloud now but not enough to spoil it.  ThU32:-)

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1927 on: March 21, 2017, 08:03:23 PM »

Same sort of weather here monday afternoon it was torrential rain had flooding onthe roads within ten minutes .. Today sunny blue sky but really windy .. Looks like it,s going to be a cold night there talking chance of frost where i am and snow for the welsh hills ..

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1928 on: March 23, 2017, 06:02:30 PM »

CThUpD:-) Lovely and sunny now BUT COLD WITH IT windy aswell. Looks like we in for a bit of settled weather for the weekend.  ThU5:-)

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1929 on: March 24, 2017, 07:48:28 PM »

Yes have watched the weather reports this evening and they are saying good weekend and getting warmer next week ..

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1930 on: March 25, 2017, 03:59:22 PM »

The sunniest and warmest day of the year so far here today.

Poppa Tommo

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Username: Robw349
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« Reply #1931 on: March 25, 2017, 09:47:21 PM »

Very warm and sunny here, too. Better watch out for those covered propagators sitting in the greenhouse. This sudden heat can easily dry everything out and/or bake them. Windows and vents open down here.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1932 on: April 03, 2017, 08:28:39 PM »

Been a lovely day here today sun blue sky with just a gentle breeze ...  Just had to cover myself in factor 50 sunscreen to go out in it ..

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1933 on: April 04, 2017, 11:17:40 AM »

Light rain yesterday evening but another nice one today.

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1934 on: April 04, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »

Dull and overcast here today the rain came at 4pm but overall not too bad a day ..

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1935 on: April 14, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »

The rain has just hit the west coast boys 'n girls - it was heading  due east the last time I looked . . . .

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1936 on: April 15, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »

Cloudy bright today here ideal for digging as not very hot 10-12 degs no rain.
Tomorrow is a different story tho looks like being wet for most of the day.  usf:-(

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1937 on: April 16, 2017, 11:38:37 AM »

Cloudy bright today here ideal for digging as not very hot 10-12 degs no rain.
Tomorrow is a different story tho looks like being wet for most of the day.  usf:-(

I told you it was coming your way! Wellie weather here today.

lottieguy

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
« Reply #1938 on: April 18, 2017, 03:30:48 PM »

Dull mainly with sunny spells but a very cold lazy wind, there was frost forecast but didn't happen. We are desperate for rain as so far this month we have only had 0.05", not enough to wet the ground. so much for April showers. Now I have said that it will start and forget when to stop. Still we keep going and being on sandy soil doesn't help. Like all gardeners I want rain on this bit, sun on this bit, I'm sure you all know what i mean, never happy. Love it though. Happy gardening

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1939 on: April 18, 2017, 08:57:18 PM »

Much the same here dull with the occasional sunny bit had about 5 minutes of rain here on sunday otherwise been a dry april also ..

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99   Go Up