• Edible Garden Show 2016 5 1
Currently:  

Poll

On what day would you like to meet at the 2016 Edible Garden Show at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire?

Friday the 11th March 2016
0 (0%)
Saturday the 12th of March 2016
4 (57.1%)
Sunday the 13th of March 2016
2 (28.6%)
Any of the three days (I'll be there for all three)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Edible Garden Show 2016  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: Edible Garden Show 2016
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 09:44:11 PM »
I understand - it's a tough ask given your circumstances scary. My drive to Stonleigh Park was a killer for me, it was about 160 miles one way - that's why I had to stop over in a Travel Lodge for two nights.

Don't worry about it mate - I'd hate to be the one held responsible for a friend's diazepan habit!  what:-o

Offline Poppa Tommo

• 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2016, 05:22:29 PM »

Made a lot of interesting contacts and treated myself to a Jardin De france (ratchet) sacateurs. I was so impressed with the demo that I actually bought one there and then! Fabulous bit of kit, and they were being offered for £20.00 instead of the usual £30.00. Did you get one after Wonky?

Just catching up on your pic's , Gee, couldn't help but notice these marvellous secateurs. I bet you bought these from the same two enthusiastic French chaps that sold me a pair at a craft show in Exeter last year. I bought them for Ruth as her hands aren't that strong but to be quite honest I use them all the time.

After eliding not to move to France I had a lot of extra cutting back to do; these made it a doddle. have EASILY sliced through 1" thick prunings with these. Thoroughly recommended.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2016, 08:02:41 PM »
Yep - same two guys! Brilliant talker the one I spoke to, very fluent in English with a distinct French accent. Not a hard task to sell though - a very impressive bit of kit that sells itself, once you saw it demonstrated.