Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
  • Edible Garden Show 2016 5 1
Currently:  

Poll

On what day would you like to meet at the 2016 Edible Garden Show at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire?

Friday the 11th March 2016
- 0 (0%)
Saturday the 12th of March 2016
- 4 (57.1%)
Sunday the 13th of March 2016
- 2 (28.6%)
Any of the three days (I'll be there for all three)
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Edible Garden Show 2016  (Read 1178 times)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: Edible Garden Show 2016
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2016, 06:29:50 PM »

I got an e-mail today to say the tickets were posted out this morning. Did anyone else get one?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2016, 09:26:39 PM »

I don't know how many of you are coming this weekend. The wife & I are winding our way over tomorrow - so I won't be in the 'Shed' for a few days. We're stopping overnight in an hotel, then going to the show on saturday. Stopping over Saturday night, then coming home on Sunday. I don't know how the hell we're all going to meet up - seeing as we haven't arranged anything concrete, so I had a little think and decided to send out a memo with my mob. No. so if any of you make it, give me a tinkle and I'll meet you somewhere. there on saturday.  ThU5:-)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2016, 10:39:33 PM »

Have a safe journey enjoy yourselves and take plenty of snaps ..     As for meeting up thats easy for the other members look for a pretty woman with a bearded ogre on her arm and they have found you ...    ROL :-))
ThU:-)LOOK CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DRAWINGS  ThU:-)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2016, 09:14:53 AM »

I'll give you "bearded ogre" when I catch up with you, you cheeky bloody crow!!!  lol(1)

Right I'm off to pack my bag - hope to be on the road in a couple of hours.

lottieguy

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2016, 01:31:13 PM »

Hi All, Well my eye is settling down but I am agog with wanting to know how you all got on yesterday. I am so disappointed I could not make the date. I am sorry but will try next year all being well. Hopefully you have photos and had a good time.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2016, 08:00:24 PM »

I arrived back this afternoon from the Edible Garden Show - very enjoyable and a nice break for  me & the OH. We got there on Friday afternoon, stopped in a Travel Lodge - very impressed by the prices & the quality of service,  the room was lovely. We went to the show on Saturday & then stopped another night and came home today. Met up with 'Wonky' & Tony (Cuthbert). Sadly I didn't meet any other 'Chat-Shed' members there, but maybe a few were lurking around but never actually bumped into us.

Made a lot of interesting contacts and treated myself to a Jardin De france (ratchet) sacateurs. I was so impressed with the demo that I actually bought one there and then! Fabulous bit of kit, and they were being offered for 20.00 instead of the usual 30.00. Did you get one after Wonky?

Anyway took loads of pics. I'll select a few to upload to a gallery later (too knackered at the mo), I'll then come back to this message and insert a link to the gallery.

Here are a few to keep you going:

Moi & fellow 'Shed' member 'Tony'

Moi & fellow 'Shed' member 'Wonky' & 'Mrs. Wonky'

As above + My other arf!

Moi & Pippa Greenwood (she's the famous one)!

Here's an interesting guy - Dr Gareth Cave who's a chemistry lecturer at Trent University, but his real talent is in nano particle technology. He's invented a way of suspending essential minerals in water for plant uptake - fascinating. Keep your ears open for this guy he's destined for big things. Extra minerals in edible plants = minerals for humans, especially in those parts of the world that are suffering from what's called 'blind' malnutrition.

And here's one of those Jardin De France sacateurs that impressed me so much I bought a pair!

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2016, 10:42:57 PM »

YRTB Nice one Gee glad you and Josie had a good time nice break for you glad it all went well Suppose you will be pruning every tree in sight now with those POSH saceteurs  cmu:-).
I shall be around again on Thursday evening when I get back. Looks like we going to be lucky with the weather.  CThUpD:-)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2016, 12:11:52 PM »

Have a nice break yourself Dave - pity you couldn't make it to the Edible garden Show being in Warwick it was virtually on your doorstep. Not to worry, if you fancy another show there's the Allotment & Small Holder's Show (now called the Royal Welsh Spring Festival) in Llanelwedd by Builth Wells on May the 21st & 22nd.

For anyone else with an interest here's a link:

Of the two (and I'm not biased) I've found that this show is bigger and better than the Edible Garden Show - with more emphasis on small holders.

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2016, 11:02:04 PM »

CThUpD:-) I am back now had some nice sunshine but the cold wind was a pest ok when you were out of it. Had to go on the M25 to skirt south of London, glad I am not on that every day had 2 hold ups due to two accidents that happened before the police arrived. It was a pleasant break for Sam's birthday.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2016, 09:55:21 AM »

CThUpD:-) I am back now had some nice sunshine but the cold wind was a pest ok when you were out of it. Had to go on the M25 to skirt south of London, glad I am not on that every day had 2 hold ups due to two accidents that happened before the police arrived. It was a pleasant break for Sam's birthday.

Welcome back Dave - I'm glad you had a nice break sounds like you enjoyed yourselves.

I had a similar horrible experience driving around the outskirt of Birmingham. That M54 is a nightmare - especially when you're not used to it, it was like navigating through a bee hive! It didn't help that I hit it in the rush hour on a Friday afternoon, I also got stuck for long periods in the traffic jams & the surface of that road is terrible - it feels as if you're driving on cobbles in France, I don't think they've resurfaced it since 1816!! I't made me appreciate that I live so far away from the rat race. Warwick was quite nice though.

wonky

• Username: leaningshed
  • It's Grim Up North!
    • The Allotment (photos on Facebook)
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2016, 12:28:03 AM »

A week late but never mind - a couple more photos from the show.

In the 1st Wonky met Wongy!

In the 2nd The B Gees and the Wonkies.

All in all I thought it was a much better show than the one I visited in 2013. There were 2 distinct areas. The one was full of stalls selling various types of local produce with many opportunities for tasting and included tasty cheeses, beers from the Tunnel and Battlefield breweries, real bacon ( the sort that doesn't vaporise the moment it touches the frying pan), quality sausages, olive oil and all sorts of other great foods. The other hall had the tool manufacturers, seed companies, stalls selling raspberry and similar plants, strawberry plants and even some Oca and a couple more strange veggies native to South America. Some livestock was on show including exotic looking chickens, pigs and sheep. Advice on bee keeping was available. A number of lectures were delivered throughout the day by various gardening celebrities and as I discovered on Friday when listening to the radio Gardeners Question time had been recorded at the show.
Some photographs of my allotment starting from day 1: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2016, 12:39:20 PM »

Yep - a good day out wasn't it Wonky.?Well worth the effort, a great shame we couldn't get more 'Shed' members to come along but C'est la vie.

Great photo of your signed James Wong book - from Wong to Wonky!  lol(1)

I'll upload them to the gallery when I get a chance.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2016, 05:50:49 PM »

Right - job done!

The photos I promised have now been uploaded to 'The Gallery'.

Click on this link to view them:

ENJOY!

aftermidnight

• Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2016, 06:02:48 PM »

I really enjoyed the photo tour, similar to the ones put on over here. The photo with the chickens, could you explain the little shelter with the ladder/roost going up to it? That pruning tool looks like the real deal, get a lot of jobs done quickly and neatly with that baby  :).

Annette

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »

I really enjoyed the photo tour, similar to the ones put on over here. The photo with the chickens, could you explain the little shelter with the ladder/roost going up to it? That pruning tool looks like the real deal, get a lot of jobs done quickly and neatly with that baby  :).

Annette

Glad you enjoyed them Annette! Pity you weren't near enough to pop over  ss:-(

That's a hen house called the 'Hen Ark'. It's a dainty little hen house made from polyproplene - you're quite right the ladder is for the hens to roost in it.

Oh yes indeed - the French sacateurs are now my most prized tool in the shed - I'm thrilled with them!

Got your e-mail - I hope we'll be more successful this time! I'll wait till I get more 'Dainty' seeds then I'll send them over along with the 'Bridgewateer' (pole) beans.

aftermidnight

• Bean, Peas & Other Legumes forum
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2016, 07:24:17 PM »

Gee, what can I say other than  YRTB

Annette

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2016, 07:44:07 PM »

Great photos in that gallery Big GEE looks like there was some great stalls there like the cheesemonger and loved those chickens ..

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2016, 08:29:57 PM »

clap:-) Yes,I got to agree with scary there looks like it was a great day out loads to look at. Good photo's there Gee.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2016, 10:04:52 PM »

Why  thank you kind Sirs!  CW ;-)

Do either (or both) of you fancy popping over the border for the Spring Festival in May?

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2016, 10:37:24 PM »

Why  thank you kind Sirs!  CW ;-)

Do either (or both) of you fancy popping over the border for the Spring Festival in May?

Too far for me 168 miles one way about 3 hours driving the thought of 336 miles and 6 hours of driving and with the standing and walking during the day has bought me out in a cold sweat and feel the need for a diazepan ..

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up