Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
  • Edible Garden Show 2016 5 1
Currently:  

Poll

On what day would you like to meet at the 2016 Edible Garden Show at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire?

Friday the 11th March 2016
- 0 (0%)
Saturday the 12th of March 2016
- 4 (57.1%)
Sunday the 13th of March 2016
- 2 (28.6%)
Any of the three days (I'll be there for all three)
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Edible Garden Show 2016  (Read 1038 times)

wonky

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Username: leaningshed
  • It's Grim Up North!
    • The Allotment (photos on Facebook)
Re: Edible Garden Show 2016
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 12:35:42 AM »

We are now well into December and in order to take advantage of the cheaper entry tickets we need to be ordering them within the next couple of weeks. Deadline for cheaper entries is 31st December. So far as I can see everyone that has voted has said that they can make it on the Saturday so propose that we confirm Saturday 12th March 2016 as the day for the get together at Stoneleigh.
Some photographs of my allotment starting from day 1: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 09:54:13 AM »

Thanks for the reminder wonky! Yes, time is ticking by. For those of you who would like to meet up at Stoneleigh then the Christmas break boredom can be lightened by a little surf to this address:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

By doing so you can save 5 per adult at the door (11 instead of 16)

The deadline for on-line pre-booking is the end of this month. I hope as many of the faithful  as possible can make it.   ThU5:-)

Don't forget that the meet-up will be on the Saturday (March the 12th)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

wonky

• It's Grim Up North!
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 12:17:55 AM »

Just booked my tickets for Saturday 12th March. The good news is that over 60's only pay 9.00 per ticket. The bad news is that there is a transaction fee of 1.50 - however it is a fee per transaction not per ticket.
Some photographs of my allotment starting from day 1: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 11:17:27 AM »

Still better than a poke in the eye - actually that's not so funny anymore  what:-o

How do you prove that you're over 60 wonky? Do they ask for a bus pass or something?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

wonky

• It's Grim Up North!
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 12:30:55 PM »

It doesn't specify but I would have thought that bus pass, driving licence or passport would be ok. My guess is that on the day they wont do any checking at all and that they are only suggesting that it will be required on the door to deter under 60's from getting cheaper tickets.

So for everyone else thinking of going get your tickets before the end of December and take advantage of the 9.00 per ticket concessions rate for the over sixties!   Under sixty it is 11.00 not forgetting that all transactions are subject to a one off booking fee of 1.50.

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 07:25:07 PM »

It doesn't specify but I would have thought that bus pass, driving licence or passport would be ok. My guess is that on the day they wont do any checking at all and that they are only suggesting that it will be required on the door to deter under 60's from getting cheaper tickets.

So for everyone else thinking of going get your tickets before the end of December and take advantage of the 9.00 per ticket concessions rate for the over sixties!   Under sixty it is 11.00 not forgetting that all transactions are subject to a one off booking fee of 1.50.

Thanks wonky!  ThU32:-)

We'll have to have a think about how we're all going to recognise one another later on.

wonky

• It's Grim Up North!
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »

Only a couple of days left to order your tickets at the reduced rates!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 07:51:34 PM by wonky »

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2015, 12:35:55 AM »

The Edible Garden Show and Good Life Live will be returning to its roots at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire on the 11-13 March 2016

The only show dedicated to grow-your-own is easily accessible by car. Please note many road signs still refer to Stoneleigh Park as 'The National Agricultural Centre'.

How to get there

Stoneleigh Park, Coventry, Warwickshire, CV8 2LZ,
(FOR SATNAV please use postcode CV8 2LG)

Show Times

The Edible Garden Show and Good Life Live opening times:

VISITOR OPENING TIMES

Friday 10 - 5
Saturday 10 - 5
Sunday 10 - 4

Venue

Stoneleigh Park is situated in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside and is well known for its agricultural events. It is accessible by a vast road network and can provide free parking for over 20,000 cars.

More Info. At:

BOOK YOUR CONCESSIONARY TICKETS ON-LINE before tomorrow night (Dec. 31st)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »

Don't forget you can download a lapel badge so that the other members can recognise you in the crowd. Click on the download button below, print it out, then cut it out with a pair of scissors. Get a bit of cardboard cut in the same circle and stick it on with a small safety pin taped to the back.

wonky

• It's Grim Up North!
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »

There are still a few hours left to buy tickets at the reduced rates.
But don't forget that you need to be getting your tickets for Saturday 12th March!!

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 09:01:19 PM »

OK - so who exactly intends coming to the show - and our Chat-Shed 'get together"?

Hope you all caught the concessionary offer on-line.

wonky

• It's Grim Up North!
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »

It looks like tickets are still cheaper if bought in advance online. 14 adult 10 over 60's (prices will be 16 & 12 respectively on the door). There is still a booking fee of 1.50 to be added per online transaction.

Wonky and SWMBO are going on the Saturday, 12th March. Anyone else booked yet?

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 09:54:30 PM »

My OH & I have booked our tickets for Saturday the 12th.

There will at least be 4 of us there then!!!  ::)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »

Just had a horrible realisation. Saturday the 12 of March is the day England vs Wales in the six nations rugby tournament!!!  what:-o

It's also the day my OH & I have booked to be at the Edible Garden show AAAAGGGGHHHHRRRR! If you meet me there and dare to tell me what the score is you could be at risk of finding yourself in the nearest pickling jar!!!! Angry:-{

It'll be a long drive home with the radio switched off for the whole journey, until I get to watch the recording on my TV!

fergie Phil

• Plot Cultivator
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2016, 11:43:52 PM »

Be nice to meet you all. where are we going to meet and what time.  Coventry and Warwickshire radio have a stand where they broadcast from perhaps we could  meet there

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 09:55:32 PM »

Hi Phil - "long time no hear"! How's the old health these days?

Sounds good to me. I did suggest wearing a lapel badge that members could download, but forgot that we need somewhere to meet for others to see it  doh:-{

You pick the spot and I'll send a circular out to all the members. Mind you the response has been pretty weak on here - I'm sure some members don't want to meet (perhaps they're very ugly and self concious - I can't think of any other reason!)  lol(1)

Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2016, 09:29:21 AM »

RedFaced:-( Oops   doh:-{ Oh for a memory sorry Gee I meant to tell you earlier that I could not make the show as I got to much going on that week we going away for the missus birthday which is on the 15th March(The big 50) had to arrange for someone to look after dad whilst we away. Dad is a big problem now as I have to go every day and cook dinner for him + do other jobs he will be 96 in June.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:33:14 AM by Westheathdave »

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »

Ah well - can't be helped Dave. Elderly previous generation relatives can be a real burden - as I well know myself. A case of pensioners looking after older pensioners - not good I'm afraid.

Next time perhaps. Hope you and Samantha have a nice break. Tell her to take it easy with birthdays from now on - they're a depressing reminder of creeping old age after 50!  CW ;-)

lottieguy

• Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2016, 11:17:36 AM »

Hi Ya,  I hope you all enjoy the meet up. I was up for it but providence has decided to intervene. The last op on my eye is on the 11th which means for a couple of days I will be nigh on blind.  usf:-(  Hopefully this will be the last one so I will make every effort next year if it happens again. Good luck to all and enjoy the day. I am looking forward to seeing the photos you all take. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:20:54 AM by lottieguy »

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2016, 12:41:04 PM »

Hi Ya,  I hope you all enjoy the meet up. I was up for it but providence has decided to intervene. The last op on my eye is on the 11th which means for a couple of days I will be nigh on blind.  usf:-(  Hopefully this will be the last one so I will make every effort next year if it happens again. Good luck to all and enjoy the day. I am looking forward to seeing the photos you all take. Enjoy.

Ah well - not to worry lottieguy - your operation and health are far more important than a show & get together. I hope everything goes OK for you and that this last op will make things better. Take good care - eyesight is a precious thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up