Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All time favourite flavoured brew  (Read 232 times)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
All time favourite flavoured brew
« on: July 22, 2015, 11:24:25 AM »

Just thought I'd tell the world that after long experimentation with different flavoured Kombucha brews, I've come to the conclusion that in my humble opinion my apple mint flavoured brew is, I think, my favourite. I've also tried a variety of other herbs like fennel, lemon balm, spear mint etc. etc. Some are incredible, some less so (I found the fennel produced a brew slightly re minicent of a mild cough medicine - nice in winter I guess, along with ginger infused brews).

The apple mint flavoured brew is made by brewing 10 bags of green tea (in just over 3 litres of water) and then adding a fairly large muslin bag full of chopped apple mint leaves from my herb garden. The mint leaves are seeped with the tea brew until the water is cool enough to add the S.C.O.B.Y.

A glorious brew ensues after 7 days of fermenting. After a further week of secondary fermentation in a bottle it becomes a sparkling bubble filled refreshing health drink. Try it - and tell us all what you think your all time favourite flavoured Kombucha brew is.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:46:13 AM by Big Gee »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pages: [1]   Go Up