Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only a token effort today  (Read 104 times)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Only a token effort today
« on: May 02, 2015, 01:57:30 AM »

It's been a busy day. Chiropodist this morning, the plot to get some rhubarb at lunch time, then off to fetch the grandson for the weekend (that's a two and a half hour round trip) & this evening I went down the plot for a stroll again to help my mate Stephen put up his bean canes. He has a 30' row with 40 plants on each side (he loves his runners does our Stephen - all Aeron Purple Stars).

Also got some 4' plastic coated steel 'cane' supports from Aldi's on my travels. I use them to support my plastic fence strung between two posts for my peas (I'll upload a couple of photos when I remember to take my camera down). They're on offer in Aldi's at 3.99 for 6. Not exactly cheap but cheaper than the shop. They last a lifetime, so they're an investment over time. I have been eying up 8 footers for the bean frame, but a tad expensive for that (about 120 for 40). If I lived long enough they would probably pay for themselves eventually - not having to buy a bamboo cane again that lasts a few seasons and then disintegrates. But as I don't win the lottery every week I'll just have to persevere with panda food!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pages: [1]   Go Up