Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A meal for the ferrets  (Read 103 times)

scary crow

• Global Moderator
A meal for the ferrets
« on: December 31, 2014, 11:23:15 PM »

Well yesterday it was cold and frosty the ground was frozen so as it was not so muddy we decided to walk to the plot and take the kitchen waste with us and we had plenty to go so we bagged it up and off we headed met a few people on the way so stopped and chatted and eventually got to the plot ...When we arrived we were chatting as we emptied the bags and the dogs had dashed up the path and were sniffing around the shed we walked up to the shed and they got excited kez the younger dog was whining and walking around the shed although she gets excited over a mouse the older dog phoenix was also interested and was very eager to try and get under the shed when she is interested it,s usually something good they dashed and dug under the shed until finally i see something dash out on the opposite side of the shed and kez dived for it and when  she walked from around the shed it was with a full grown buck rabbit in her mouth he wont be adding to the population in the new year and eating my veg .. So off we headed with a nice fresh rabbit for the ferrets    ..   A good day .
ThU:-)LOOK CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DRAWINGS  ThU:-)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Poppa Tommo

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Username: Robw349
  • 'Gardener' the definition of 'Optimist'
Re: A meal for the ferrets
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:24:04 AM »

What a result for the ferrets, there, Scary.

Didn't fancy it for a stew, yourself then? I love a fresh, long, slow-cooked, rabbit stew. In fact I think I'll dust of the trusty air rifle in a day or two hand go and bag a couple for the pot.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 01:24:53 PM »

He was probably too full of venison Tommo! Those Fens are covered in deer.

Sounds like you have a good lurcher there Scary - to catch a bolting rabbit in a confined space like that. The 'townies' don't know what they're missing do they?  chkl:-]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 07:26:33 PM »

Have to say that Big Gee was right there Tommo im too full of venison and so,s the freezer ... But yes like you Tommo I too do like a rabbit now and then dread to think how many i have eaten since i started ferreting many moons ago ..
Yes Gee 2 good dogs that work well together and are use to working in confined spaces if needs be would never go hungry with these pair and they also like to kill a bit of ratty as well so keep the pests down on the plots ...
ThU:-)LOOK CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DRAWINGS  ThU:-)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pages: [1]   Go Up