Author Topic: break ins  (Read 257 times)

Offline wrinkly1

• ½ Plot Cultivator
break ins
« on: December 12, 2014, 05:38:14 PM »
   cry:-(     -my neighbour and me arrived to find our gates jemmied open and sheds broke into. a few tools were took but very small value .  we don/t leave much down there now.it/s the damage these toerags do . we spent all day securing our gates etc.the police are calling in morning but can,t do much. it/s so disheartening . most of us are in our seventies. and want to be left in peace.i fear for the future of our country.it,s going down the tubes.but we/l keep on going.   Angry:-{ Angry:-{
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:42:32 PM by scary crow »

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
Re: break ins
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »
Sorry to hear about the break in Wrinkly    usf:-(   As you say it,s not just the tools they take but the damage that they do getting into the shed,s with any luck the thieving  bast++ds will die a lingering death ..  Dont let them  stop you doing what you enjoy doing  ..   

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 09:21:02 PM »
Idle swines - I'm a firm believer in Siberian labour camps when it comes to 'low-life' like that.  Angry:-{

Dave's had his share of problems like that on his site.

Offline Westheathdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 10:15:07 PM »
 Angry:-{ As Gee said we have had trouble in the past from the light fingered swines, 4 times I was broken into along with 12 other sheds so we spent £480 on new high security Locks with special keys that can only be cut by the locksmith with signatures of the committee to give permission for new keys to be cut. It gives us better control over who has a key, in the past any one could have had a new key cut consequently people could access the site who weren't plot holders. So far this year no break ins.