Author Topic: Gorgeous morning on the plot  (Read 213 times)

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Gorgeous morning on the plot
« on: November 30, 2014, 01:29:46 PM »
Didn't spend a lot of time down there this morning, I wish I had more time there - it's been a beautiful morning. Lovely autumn sunshine, mild & calm without a cloud in the sky. It was actually peasantly warm in the polytunnel.

Picked two Brussel's sprouts stems full of nice round sprouts from top to bottom. A couple of leeks and the last of the beetroot. It was nice enough to work in shirt sleeves & the little birds seemed to be enjoying it as well with as much song as you'd expect to hear in spring - lovely.

It's a pity I couldn't stay longer, but it's matriarch visiting this afternoon - so needs must - and I had to drag myself away. Typical, but that's how the cookie's crumbled today, if we weren't going visiting my mother it would probably have bucketed down!

If I had more time I could also have lifted the dahlia tubers, as it's dry, but they're still flowering - shame that, I hope we don't get a sharp frost in the next week.

Offline scary crow

• Global Moderator
Re: Gorgeous morning on the plot
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 06:54:30 PM »
Walked down to my plot yesterday and picked some brussels it,s a challenge getting there at the moment as the track that leads there is thick with mud as the farmer is lifting the sugar beet and is driving backwards and forwards to tip them ....

Offline Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Re: Gorgeous morning on the plot
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 08:29:53 PM »
Walked down to my plot yesterday and picked some brussels it,s a challenge getting there at the moment as the track that leads there is thick with mud as the farmer is lifting the sugar beet and is driving backwards and forwards to tip them ....

Bit of an occupational hazard at this time of the year innit scary?