Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Linked Events

• National Allotments Week 2015: August 10, 2015 - August 16, 2015
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do you go to when you're "Out & About"?  (Read 138 times)

Big Gee

• Global Moderator
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is wasted
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Trust
Where do you go to when you're "Out & About"?
« on: November 15, 2014, 09:18:11 PM »

I know we have an events calendar on our forum, but on this new board you can also post about events you're going to, or you can share with members experiences of where you've been - in greater detail. Whether it's a local horticultural show or a national event you can tell us all about it.

I'll kick it off by reminding everyone that the official "Allotments Week" in 2015 will be from the 10th to the 16th of August.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:20:49 PM by Big Gee »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

dimogga

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
Re: Where do you go to when you're "Out & About"?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 11:46:08 AM »

Potato day in Hulme.

I will add it to the calendar.

We have visited other allotment sites around here as little trips out. I've always enjoyed though but they are very informal. :)

scary crow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 12:27:37 AM »

When we do get out I like to visit a few game fairs used to attend a lot of them when we had a lot of ferrets as my better half used to show them in the summer and i got to work them come winter time she did well winning shows from the south coast right up to hull ..  I also go to the local 40,s weekend in holme which is roughly a 20 minute walk from my house [ as the crow flies ]  good day there with a lot of old vechiles and farm and gardening tools ..   
ThU:-)LOOK CLICK BELOW TO VIEW DRAWINGS  ThU:-)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

lottieguy

• Senior Multi Plot Cultivator
  • Happy Gardening to All Where ever you are
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 09:15:50 AM »

HI ya, when out and about I go where I'm told. I like to visit a garden centre about 30 miles from us as it excellent for choice and reasonable prices. The OH car only does short trips during the week so it gives it chance to get warmed up properly. Usually on the way home we stop at a clothes shop come supermarket and that keeps her happy. On a Sunday it's lottieday and I usually get there for an hour or two and chill out. Just lately the weather has been pants so it has been reading books or on the web, take the dogs out and just a general lazy day then the grand children turn up for dinner and all hell breaks loose as they always have some thing different to do, show you, cook etc. Practice reading with granddad Love it. Happy Times

spuds

• Full Plot Cultivator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 09:31:32 AM »

Hi All
well since getting the four legged poo machine, known as Eddie
we have been out and about these photo's are  of Avon Dam at South Brent  taken Friday 23/1/15

Spuds (mick Ford)
is that the kettle I hear boiling
Newton Abbot Sunny Devon ( most times!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up